Chancellor's Scholars Program
Renewable award of $5,000 per year for first-time freshmen.
To be eligible for this scholarship, first-time freshmen should first apply for admission. The next step is to apply for scholarships. Both applications are required for candidates to be considered for this scholarship.
Since funding is limited, consideration will only be given to students entering UTC in the fall semester and who meet the following criteria:
- UTC Admissions file (application, application fee, high school transcript, and ACT/SAT score) completed by December 1, 2020 qualifying test scores/GPA must also be submitted to UTC Admissions by December 1, 2020 as well);
- 3.75 GPA and 29 ACT composite (1330 SAT);
Online scholarship application submitted by January 10, 2021;
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Dec2020 test scores submitted by January 10, 2021 can be used for scholarship consideration.
Students may receive an additional $3,500 in Tennessee HOPE Lottery Scholarship funds, if eligible.
This scholarship cannot be stacked with other renewable scholarships or endowed scholarships offered through the UTC Financial Aid and Scholarships or Admissions offices.
Apply early. Scholarship funds are limited and the awarding process is competitive. Meeting the eligibility requirements does not guarantee a student will receive a scholarship. The best way to improve your candidacy is to submit all required materials as soon as possible.
- This scholarship is renewable and you can receive up to a total of eight (8) semesters.
- At minimum, you must enroll full-time each Fall & Spring semester (12+ credit hours). However, you need at least 30 overall passed hours at the end of your first year; at least 60 overall passed at the end of your second and so on.
- Your academic performance is reviewed at the end of each spring semester. PLEASE NOTE - ANY/ALL college credit earned while you were in high school Will Be considered in this review (i.e. dual enrollment or AP credits).
- Additionally, at the end of each spring, a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.5 is required. If you do not meet the 3.5 GPA requirement but have at least a 3.25 overall cumulative GPA, you will be awarded the Provost Scholarship beginning the next academic year.
- If, during a Fall or Spring semester, you totally withdraw, do not attend or do not enroll in at least 12 credit hours, you forfeit the scholarship for all future semesters.
- There is not a regain option for students who do not meet the renewal criteria.
- Accepting your award does not represent a binding commitment to attend UTC.