Dr. Ignatius Fomunung
Contact InformationEmail: Ignatius-Fomunung@utc.edu
Office: 434 EMCS,
- Ph.D., Civil & Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2000
- M.S., Civil Engineering (Transportation), Georgia Institute of Technology, 1996
- M.S., Physics, Clark Atlanta University, 1995
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Nanjing Institute of Technology, 1987
Certifications or professional registrations
- Professional Engineer Registration (active): Tennessee #20061
Current membership in professional organizations
- IAJC – International Review Board Member. Since March 2014
- 2040 Regional Transportation Plan, Core Technical Team (CTT) Member. Since 2012
- Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE); Secretary, Treasurer and President of the Chattanooga Branch of ASCE 2007 - 2010.
- American Physical Society (APS)
- Transportation Research Board Committee A1F03, Transportation and Air Quality: “friend” and paper reviewer, since 1997.
- Transportation Research Board Committee ABJ80, Statistical Methodology and Statistical Computer Software in Transportation Research: “friend” of committee since 1999
Dr. Ignatius Fomunung is a Professor in the Department of Civil and Chemical Engineering at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC). He received his PhD in Civil & Environmental Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology. He is the Faculty Advisor to the ASCE student chapter at UTC. He designed a project that is a basis of individualized special topic for one graduate student. The results of this endeavor will be utilized by the regional planning agency (RPA) to build a travel demand model for the local TPO (Transportation Planning Organization). His areas of expertise are Application of Wavelet Theory in Transportation Analysis, Transportation-air quality planning and analysis, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Human Factors and Safety in Transportation, Smart Materials in Infrastructure Health Monitoring. Dr. Fomunung co-authored two international peer-reviewed conference proceedings and he continues to serve as reviewer for many scientific journals.