Diversity Advocacy Certificate Program Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to take the workshops in any particular order?
All workshops are stand alone, such that they do not need to be taken in any particular order.
- Do I need to take the workshops within a certain amount of time to earn a certificate?
You have one calendar year from the time you complete the first training workshop. Sessions will be offered throughout the year so be sure to check for uptraining trainings and get registered.
- When will the workshops be offered?
Dates and times for all workshops can be found on OED’s OED workshop calendar.
- I have completed the requirements for the Certificate Program. How do I get my certificate?
Please fill out the Certificate Completion Request Form here. Once we have received your form, and verified your information, we will deliver the certificate to you via campus mail.
- Will these workshops ever be offered online?
Online sessions are forthcoming. Currently, all our workshops are offered via face-to-face format.
- Will I received HRO 128 credit for participating in this program?
Certainly! You receive HRO 128 credit for participating in any OED training. Our office will inform the Human Resources office that you have completed the training so that you receive credit.
- Can I attend only some of these workshops if I don’t want to get the Certificate?
Yes, the workshops are stand alone, and you can take any of them that interest you.
- What must I do to fulfill the “Engagement Component”?
Participants must attend at least two diversity-related events or programs on campus within the calendar year in which they are enrolled in the DAC program. These could be sponsored by the university, departments, divisions, or student organizations. Please be sure to sign-in at the event and indicate the name and date of the events you attended on the Certificate Completion Request Form.
- How do I receive credit for prior training?
Participants are allowed to receive credit for one (1) previously completed training. Eligible trainings are Safe Zone, Green Zone, Is it Bias, Search Committee Training, and the Disability Ambassador Training. Please indicate the name and date that you completed the training that you wish to count towards the fulfillment of your DAC certificate requirements on the Certificate Completion Request Form.
- How do I receive credit for Safe Zone, Green Zone, and the Disability Ambassador Training
completed during the calendar year within which I am enrolled in the DAC program?
If you complete any of these trainings while you are enrolled in the DAC program, simply indicate the name and date that you complete the trainings that you wish to count towards the DAC certificate requirements. Be mindful, however, that you still need to complete the two (2) mandatory Core Curriculum workshops as well as any two (2) Leadership Curriculum workshops to fulfill the DAC certificate requirements on the Certificate Completion Request Form.