MOC Academy Mission
MOC Academy is a new approach to developing the successful transition to the UTC community of first-year student men of color and other incoming first-year students. This is achieved through a transformative and holistic experience built on collaborative, intentional relationships on campus and in the community with diverse groups of peers, faculty, staff, and community partners.
2023-2024 MOC Academy
2023 Summer Progam Dates
June 28th-July 28th
Part 1: Virtual Experience
June 28th- July 7th
Part 2: On-Campus Residential Experience
July 8th-July 28th
Participation in both parts is mandatory.
MOC Academy Scholars will participate in the July 10th and 11th New Student Orientation. Participants and their families must independently register for this orientation session, following the normal orientation registration process.
MOC Academy Application is Open!
To apply for the MOC Academy program, click the button below and it will take you to the UTC Application Portal.
- Please select “Sign In” and enter the same email address and password used to complete your admissions application to UTC.
- Once logged in, select the blue button that says, "Other Applications"
- Finally, select "MOC Academy" from that drop-down list.
The MOC Academy Experience
- Year-long program
- 1-credit hour course in summer, fall, and spring
- Preparation for a successful transition to UTC
- Opportunity to develop intentional relationships with peers, faculty, staff, and community partners
- Holistic Experiences
- Personal branding
- Success team
- Peer mentor
- Faculty/Staff Mentor
- Academic Advisor
Costs of the Program
There is no cost for the students selected to participate in MOC Academy. Housing, meals, and experiences will be provided by UTC at no cost to the student.
- All first-year students admitted to UTC are invited to participate in this program
- Complete program application
- Committed to academic and leadership excellence and the pillars of the Moc Academy program
• Step 1: Apply and be accepted to the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga for the upcoming fall semester.
• Step 2: Each spring, eligible incoming freshmen are invited to participate in the MOC Academy via email. In the email invitation, there will be a direct link to apply to the program.
• Step 3: In April, students who are eligible to participate in the program will be offered a spot via email and will need to follow the steps to confirm their spot in MOC Academy.
Compliance & Equity Statement
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga welcomes and respects people of all races, creeds, cultures, and sexual orientations. The University values intellectual curiosity, pursuit of knowledge, and academic freedom and integrity. In keeping with those values, UTC policies and UT Area Units expressly prohibit the following:
- discrimination against employees, students, or applicants for employment or admission, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status), national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status;
- discrimination against other participants in educational programs and activities (which includes certain individuals who are not employees, students, or applicants for employment or admission) on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability; and
- retaliation against any person who in good faith reports a practice that he/she believes violates non-discrimination policies.
If you are an employee, student, applicant for employment, applicant for admission, or are otherwise a participant in a UT Chattanooga program or activity, and you believe you have been discriminated against in violation of the policies outlined above, you are encouraged to contact UTC's Office of Equity and Inclusion.