- Earn up to eight credit hours of college coursework toward your degree.
- Get to know other students and form lasting friendships.
- Receive individualized advising and enrollment support before the fall semester starts.
- Learn about all of the campus resources UTC provides.
- Familiarize yourself with the Chattanooga area.
- Receive all books needed for classes, meals, housing and activities at no cost to the student.
Each year, the Bridge program takes place in June and July. Students move into a residence hall on campus and have a daily schedule, which includes:
- taking classes such as English, math, first year studies and political science
- getting help though writing lab and math lab
- attending study hall
- learning about leadership development and financial wellness
- engaging in community building activities
- becoming familiar with the UTC campus
On the weekends, Bridge participants engage in weekend excursions at local attractions in Chattanooga.
Costs of the Program
Students who participate in the Bridge program should demonstrate financial need by completing the FAFSA and will be eligible for the Pell Grant. The program will use the Pell Grant to cover a portion of the cost of tuition and fees. All other costs associated with the program, such as books, housing, meals and excursions will be provided by UTC at no cost to the student.
Step 1: Apply and be accepted to the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga for the upcoming fall semester.
Step 2: Each spring, eligible incoming freshmen are invited to participate in the Bridge program via email. In the email invitation, there will be a direct link to apply to the program.
Step 3: In April, students who are eligible to participate in the program will be offered a spot via email and will need to follow the steps to confirm their spot in Bridge.
Recommend a Student
Is there a student you want to recommend for one of our success programs? Simply fill out our form and we'll be in touch soon.
Recommendation Form →