Student Rights and Responsibilities
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 protects student educational records. However, there are elements of the student's records that are considered directory information. The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga can release directory information without the written consent of the student.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga defines the following items as directory information:
- Address (home & campus)
- Telephone (home & campus)
- UTC ID
- UTC ID Photograph
- UTC Email
- Dates of Attendance
- Classification (Fr, So, Jr, or Sr)
- Most recent previous institution or educational agency attended
- Major fields of study
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- Enrollment Status
- Honors (including honors lists)
- Degree(s) conferred (including dates and any graduation honors)
- Physical factors (height & weight of athletes)
Students have the right to request that UTC withhold directory information. To do request that your information be withheld, please complete the Request to Withhold Directory Information form and submit it to the Office of the University Registrar.
Students may also identify others who may discuss information protected by FERPA by creating a MyMocsPASS account.