The Disability Resource Center considers requests for meal plan modification accommodations on an individual case-by-case basis for individuals with disabilities on campus. Reasonable accommodations for meal plan modifications may include, but are not limited to, a reduced or modified meal plan and/or consultation with campus staff to review nutrition options on campus as determined by the Disability Resource Center in an interactive process with the student and in consultation with campus partners.
Students requesting a Meal Plan Modification for the impact of a disability should follow these steps:
- Submit a Meal Plan Modification Request Form.
- A UTC staff member will contact the student via official UTC email or phone to discuss the request. If additional documentation or interaction is necessary, it will be communicated to the student via email.
- If the request is disability-related, you will be guided to register with the Disability Resource Center (if not already registered)
- Turn in DRC Application (paper version available in the DRC office at 108 University Center)
- Submit documentation to verify current disability, as needed. Documentation should ideally include 1) current diagnosis and impact, 2) nexus between impact of the disability and the need for a meal plan modification, 3) any relevant history or information about the impact of the disability, and 4) the signature of the qualified professional on letterhead. Additional or updated documentation may be requested.
- For Meal Plan Modification Requests for students with disabilities, DRC staff will determine the reasonableness of a modification requested due to the impact of a disability.
- If a meal plan modification is considered reasonable for a student, DRC staff will communicate the request with the appropriate campus staff. The student may need to work with appropriate other campus staff to determine options for meal plan modifications. DRC staff will be available for support and can assist in the coordination of any necessary conversations about the request.
- If the request is not reasonable based on the determination of DRC staff with the information available, the student will be notified and have the opportunity to submit additional documentation to support the request or to appeal the decision. The student may also be referred to appropriate campus staff to determine options for their request if not related to a disability.
- If your request is not disability-related, upon completion of the Meal Plan Modification Request Form, you will be directed to the appropriate campus staff to assist you with your request.