UTC considers requests for priority registration on an individual, case-by-case basis.
If a request has been approved, the accommodation is communicated to the Registrar.
How to Request
To be eligible to receive priority registration through the Disability Resource Center, students must follow the following the procedure:
- Connect with the Disability Resource Center (if not already connected)
- Turn in DRC Application (paper version available in the DRC office at 352 University Center).
- Submit documentation to verify current disability. Documentation should ideally include 1) current diagnosis and impact, 2) any relevant history or information about the impact of the disability, and 3) the signature of the qualified professional. Additional or updated documentation may be requested.
- Complete access appointment with DRC staff member
- If approved for Priority Registration, the DRC staff member will discuss the procedure to utilize it with you.
- Your accommodations must be current to receive Priority Registration; you must complete your semester request every semester to be considered current.
- An email reminder will be sent out each semester when Priority Registration will open for our students; the system generated email will only be sent to students with current accommodations.
DRC staff members are not advisors and cannot remove registration holds to register for classes. Please see your academic advisor for guidance on registering for classes each semester.