- Does the ARC have working water fountains?
Yes - All UTC water fountains and bottle fillers are working. You are encouraged to bring your personal water bottle. We also have a vending machine with various drink options available.
- Are you required to wear a face mask?
Masks are required in all areas of the facilities with the following exceptions:
Please bring extra masks to replace any that become damp during exercise.
- Questions about Group Fitness Classes?
The measures we are taking to keep members safe in our group fitness classes may affect the class schedule, format or location. Safe practices being implemented include:
- Requiring reservations through the portal for ALL group fitness classes so that our instructors can set their spaces up in advance to permit social distancing
- Reducing class size to meet current COVID event or facility capacities
- Reducing the number of in-person classes offered each day to allow our staff to do a thorough cleaning between classes
- Eliminating shared equipment from classes and instead providing modifications that don’t require equipment
- Eliminating physical contact in classes such as yoga adjustments, use of partner exercises, and high fives
- Encouraging participants to bring their own yoga or exercise mat, as these will no longer be provided
- How is Campus Recreation keeping the facility and equipment clean?
Campus Recreation has significantly increased the cleaning of all our facilities and equipment. Our janitorial staff are cleaning all areas more frequently and our student staff have increased the amount of cleaning of all equipment.
All guests are required to wipe down any equipment they use before and after each use.
- How can I best protect myself during my workout?
Please take responsibility for your own safety. Stay home if you are not feeling well. Clean equipment, use masks, practice social distancing, limit your time in the facility, and adapt your workout.
- What will be different about my workouts?
Members are asked to ease into their workouts. After time away from a regular routine, we ask all patrons to modify. Physiological adaptations to wearing masks, new levels of exercise and different routines may take 4-6 weeks.
There will be NO super setting during any workouts, so please plan accordingly. We have removed Olympic benches from the floor since spotting does not allow for proper social distancing. You can still bench, but please do so within the squat rack. When using the squat rack for squatting, please be sure to adjust the height of the catch rails appropriately.
- Are we required to social distance?
Yes - All guests are required to stay a minimum of 6' apart while in Campus Recreation facilities and engaged in Campus Recreation programs/events.
To assist with this, Campus Recreation has placed social distancing markets throughout our facilities. We have also spaced all of our equipment to meet the 6' social distancing standard.
- Will the basketball courts be open?
No - The basketball courts are currently reserved for classes, group reservations, and recreational programs.
- Are the Bouldering and Climbing Walls open?
Yes - No reservation required.
- Is the Swimming Pool open?
Yes - Lap swimming and open recreation swimming is open. Face masks are required to be worn until you are ready to enter the water and they must be put back on as soon as you exit the water. You are required to social distance while swimming and playing in the pool.
At this time, there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread through the use of pools and spas. To accommodate those who are practicing social distancing, we have implemented the following policies:
- Continuing to follow stringent sanitation protocols for proper disinfection, operation and maintenance of pools and the spa per CDC guidelines.
- Are Pool Parties & Aquatic Facility Rentals still occurring
Yes - We are currently accepting reservations for Facility Rentals and Pool Parties.
For more information about Pool Parties and Aquatic Facility Rentals, please contact Craig Gosnell, Assistant Director of Programs and Engagement. Office - (423) 425-5682 Email - [email protected]
- What happens if the facility has to close?
We are working in coordination with campus officials to determine the safety of ongoing operation. Campus Recreation and campus health officials are continuously monitoring local conditions and best practices.
In the event of a closure, members will be notified by email. Memberships will be frozen during any closures. Virtual options will continue.