Systems and information concepts; systems in organizations; systems tools; decision making database concepts; information systems analysis and design; integrative business project that includes problem identification, definition, requirements analysis, system design, and implementation. Every Semester. Prerequisites: Management 100, 315; junior standing.
Title: Using MIS
Authors: David M. Kroenke
Publisher: Pearson Prentice Hall
1. Chapter 1 -- MIS and You; Introduction to E-learning
2. Chapter 2 -- Purposes of Information Systems
3. Chapter 3 -- Technical Aspects of IT
4. Chapter 4 -- Database Processing; Designing Databases: Conceptual Design; Using Access for Database Application
5. Chapter 6 -- System Development; Using Access for Application Development
6. Chapter 7 -- Information Systems within Organization
7. Chapter 8 -- E-Commerce and SCM; How to Design a Web-site?
8. Chapter 9 -- BI and Knowledge Management; Using DSS for Decision-making
9. Chapter 10 -- Information Systems Management; In Class E-Learning; Future Trends of IT
- MCB University Press. (1990). Information management & computer security. Bradford, England: MCB University Press.
- IGI Global., & Information Resources Management Association. (1992). Journal of database management: An official publication of the International Data Management Institute of the Information Resources Management Association. Hershey, Pa: IGI Global (701 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, Pa., 17033, USA.
- IGI Global. (2005). Journal of cases on information technology. Hershey, Pa: IGI Global (701 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, Pa., 17033, USA.
- IGI Global., & Information Resources Management Association. (2005). International journal of business data communications and networking. Hershey, Pa: IGI Global (701 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, Pa., 17033, USA.
- Association for Computing Machinery., & National Institute of Standards and Technology (U.S.). (n.d.). ACM conference proceedings. New York: Association for Computing Machinery.
- Association for Computing Machinery. (2005). ACM transactions on storage. New York, N.Y: ACM.
- SECURITY OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS.(European Union. European Commission)(Brief article). (January 01, 2008). European Report, 230399.
- Security Is Growing As A Senior-Management Priority; A survey by the Business Software Alliance and Information Systems Security Association found that 44% of companies now consider security a senior-management priority, compared with 39% in 2003.(Brief Article). (January 01, 2005). Informationweek.
- Farahmand, F., Navathe, S., Sharp, G., & Enslow, P. (January 01, 2005). A Management Perspective on Risk of Security Threats to Information Systems. Information Technology and Management, 6, 2-3.
- Voo, C. (January 01, 2005). Storage and security.(information management of business enterprises). Computer Weekly, 50.
- Heinlein, E. B. (January 01, 1995). Principles of information systems security. Computers & Security, 14, 3, 197.
- Pendegraft, N., & Rounds, M. (October 01, 2007). A Simulation Model of Information Systems Security. International Journal of Information Security and Privacy, 1, 4, 62-74.
- Shim, J. K. (1999). Information systems management handbook. Paramus, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Abdelhak, M., Grostick, S., Hanken, M. A., & Jacobs, E. (2001). Health information: Management of a strategic resource. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders.
- O'Brien, J. A. (2002). Management information systems: Managing information technology in the e-business enterprise. Boston: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.
- World Conference on Information Systems and Technologies, & Rocha, A. (2013). Advances in information systems and technologies. Berlin: Springer.
- International Joint Conferences on Computer, Information, and Systems Sciences, and Engineering, Elleithy, K., & Sobh, T. M. (2013). Innovations and advances in computer, information, systems sciences, and engineering. New York, NY: Springer.