UTChattSat REU Program
2022 NSF-REU Summer Undergraduate Research Program Application Form
2022 ChattSat REU June 6 - August 12, 2022
The UTChattSat Research Experience for Undergraduates Program is a 10-week Research Internship in Chattanooga, TN.
Through UTChattSat—a CubeSat Research and STEM program—students work closely with their mentors on cutting-edge projects in Space Systems, Electronics, Communications, Power Systems, Internet of Things, Smart Cities and other exciting research areas.
Learn More about past UTChattSat REUs
2022 ChattSat REU Applications Now Open
The application deadline is March 11, 2022.
Once you have filled out the above application, please provide the following information to this dropbox link below:
- Cover Letter (2 page maximum). Please name the file with the following convention: 'Lastname_Firstname_coverletter.pdf'
- Non-official Transcript. Please name the file with the following convention: 'Lastname_Firstname_transcript.pdf'
- (2) Letters of Recommendation. Please name the files with the following convention: 'Lastname_Firstname_rec1.pdf' and 'Lastname_Firstname_rec2.pdf'. Your recommender may submit these directly. Please provide the DropBox link directly to your recommender.
The Cover Letter should address the following questions:
- Why do you wish to participate in this program?
- What are your research interests and experiences? 3) What strengths will you bring to this program?
Two "Letters of Recommendation" should include at least one from a college engineering, computer science, or science professor.
Please save the files with the above-mentioned naming conventions and submit via DropBox.
DropBox Link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/gzA3bgL3HsqW4n59VAx5
Questions can be directed to Dr. Daniel Loveless ([email protected]) and have the e-mail title beginning with "UTCHATTSAT REU: "
Official transcripts can be mailed to the address below if needed.
Daniel Loveless, Ph.D.
REU Program Director
Guerry and UC Foundation Associate Professor
Electrical Engineering Department
College of Engineering and Computer Science
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Dept. 2342 EMCS 337
615 McCallie Avenue
Chattanooga, TN 37403-2598
Email: [email protected]
Primary Research Areas
- Space Systems
- Power Systems
- Internet of Things
- Smart Cities
- Radiation Effects
- Embedded Systems
The Program Includes
- $5,000 stipend
- On-campus housing
- Up to $450 of travel expenses
- Daily meal expenses
- Recreational activities such as white water rafting, hiking, and others
- Tours of nearby research facilities such as Oak Ridge National Laboratories
- U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Currently enrolled in a College or University Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science Program