Thank you for your interest in the Learning and Leadership Doctoral Program. We are not currently accepting applications. Due to the cohort nature of the program, applications are accepted during a prescribed timeline. The next opportunity to apply will be December 2019 through February 2020 for the Summer 2020 cohort.
To request to add your name to our list of prospective applicants, please complete an online Inquiry Form (link: Inquiry Form).
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution or foreign equivalent
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on all prior graduate work
- Minimum of two years of professional experience, preferably in a leadership role
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test (taken within five years of application)
- Completed Graduate School Application
- Non-refundable application fee (first time UTC Graduate students only)
- Official transcripts (all institutions attended, even if a degree was not awarded)
- Official GRE General Test scores (taken within five years of application)
- Completed Learning and Leadership Program Application
- Statement of Purpose Essay
- Current resume/CV
- Three (3) Learning and Leadership recommendations
- Application Self Service Center (link: Application Self Service Center) - Summer 2019 applicants only
- Sign in to continue working on a saved application or to check submission status of application materials.
Admission Process - Summer 2019
Following the review of complete applications, the Program Office will contact select applicants via email to schedule a video conference interview. Applicants will be notified of admission status via email. New cohort members will enroll in a required foundational course (3 credits) during the Summer. The foundational course includes two required face-to-face meetings on the UT-Chattanooga campus (June 1 and August 3 from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm ET daily) and extensive work in the Virtual Classroom (online) through discussions and readings. Specific Summer 2019 enrollment information will be distributed by the Program Office upon acceptance.
Admission Timeline - Summer 2019
December - February: Applications are processed by the UTC Graduate School
February 28: Application deadline (Summer 2019 cohort)
March: Complete applications are routed to the academic department for review by the Admission Committee
April: Video conference interviews are conducted and the admission evaluation process continues
May 1: Applicants are notified of admission status and specific Summer 2019 enrollment information is distributed to accepted participants
Summer (May 15 through August 6): Enrollment in foundational course (3 credits). Course requirements include two face-to-face meetings on the UT-Chattanooga campus (June 1 and August 3 from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm ET daily) and extensive work in the Virtual Classroom (online) through discussions and readings.
Fall: Course enrollment continues (6 credits)