Thank you for your interest in the Learning and Leadership Doctoral Program. We are currently accepting applications to the Summer 2019 doctoral cohort. All application materials, including official GRE scores and official transcripts, must be submitted by February 28, 2019. If you plan to apply to the Summer 2019 cohort and have not taken the GRE within the past five years, we recommend you make arrangements to take the exam at your local ETS testing facility as soon as possible (link: GRE Info). Please do not delay.
To request to add your name to our list of prospective applicants, please complete an online Inquiry Form (link: Inquiry Form).
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution or foreign equivalent
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on all prior graduate work
- Minimum of two years of professional experience, preferably in a leadership role
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test (taken within five years of application)
- Application Instructions (link: Application Instructions) - please thoroughly review these instructions prior to starting the application process
- Completed Graduate School Application (link: Graduate School Application - Summer 2019)
- Non-refundable application fee (first time UTC Graduate students only)
- Official transcripts (all institutions attended, even if a degree was not awarded)
- Official GRE General Test scores (taken within five years of application)
- Completed Learning and Leadership Program Application (link: Program Application - Summer 2019)
- Statement of Purpose Essay
- Current resume/CV
- Three (3) Learning and Leadership recommendations
- Application Self Service Center (link: Application Self Service Center)
- Sign in to continue working on a saved application or to check submission status of application materials.
All application materials, including official GRE test scores and official transcripts, must be submitted by February 28, 2019.
Following the review of complete applications, the Program Office will contact select applicants via email to schedule a video conference interview. Applicants will be notified of admission status via email. New cohort members will enroll in a required foundational course (3 credits) during the Summer. The foundational course includes two required face-to-face meetings on the UT-Chattanooga campus (June 1 and August 3 from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm ET daily) and extensive work in the Virtual Classroom (online) through discussions and readings. Specific Summer 2019 enrollment information will be distributed by the Program Office upon acceptance.
Admission Timeline - Summer 2019
December - February: Applications are processed by the UTC Graduate School
February 28: Application deadline (Summer 2019 cohort)
March: Complete applications are routed to the academic department for review by the Admission Committee
Early April: Video conference interviews are scheduled and the admission evaluation process continues
April: Video conference interviews are conducted and the admission evaluation process continues
May 1: Applicants are notified of admission status and specific Summer 2019 enrollment information is distributed to accepted participants
Summer (May 15 through August 6): Enrollment in foundational course (3 credits). Course requirements include two face-to-face meetings on the UT-Chattanooga campus (June 1 and August 3 from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm ET daily) and extensive work in the Virtual Classroom (online) through discussions and readings.
Fall: Course enrollment continues (6 credits)