Thank you for your interest in the Learning and Leadership Doctoral Program. We are not currently accepting applications. Due to the cohort nature of the program, we do not offer rolling admission. Applications are typically accepted November through February for the upcoming Fall cohort. The next opportunity to apply will be December 2018 through February 2019 for the Fall 2019 cohort.
To request to add your name to our list of prospective applicants to future cohorts, please complete an online Inquiry Form (link: Inquiry Form).
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution or foreign equivalent
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on all prior graduate work
- Minimum of two years of professional experience, preferably in a leadership role
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test (taken within five years of application)
- Completed Graduate School Application
- Non-refundable application fee (first time UTC Graduate students only)
- Official transcripts (all institutions attended, even if a degree was not awarded)
- Official GRE General Test scores (taken within five years of application)
- Completed Learning and Leadership Program Application
- Statement of Purpose Essay
- Current resume/CV
- Three (3) Learning and Leadership recommendations
Following the review of complete applications, the Program Office will contact select applicants via email to schedule a video conference interview. Applicants will be notified of admission status via email. New cohort members will participate in required Induction activities in the Virtual Classroom (online) during the Summer in preparation for face-to-face Induction activities in Chattanooga, TN. The required face-to-face Induction activities are typically scheduled for two days from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm ET. Specific Induction information will be announced by the Program Office upon acceptance.
Sample Admission Timeline - Fall 2018 Cohort
December - February: Applications are processed by the UTC Graduate School
February 28: Application deadline (Fall 2018 cohort)
March: Complete applications are routed to the academic department for review by the Admission Committee
April: Video conference interviews are scheduled and the admission evaluation process continues
May: Applicants are notified of admission status and specific Induction information is announced to accepted participants
Summer: Required Induction activities in the Virtual Classroom (including discussion forums and assigned readings) & enrollment in Fall core coursework (6 graduate credit hours)
August 10 & 11: Required face-to-face Induction activities in Chattanooga, TN (typically scheduled from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm ET daily)