Supplemental and Concurrent Enrollment

A student may take courses at more than one school that apply to his or her degree. The school that grants the degree is the student’s “primary” school. VA will pay benefits for courses taken at secondary schools.

Supplemental enrollment is when you are only enrolled at a secondary school. VA will pay for the credits taken at the secondary school.

Concurrent enrollment is when you are enrolled at the primary school and the secondary school at the same time. VA will pay for the combined credit, taking overlapping enrollment dates into account.

The School Certifying Official at the primary school will provide a letter addressed to the Certifying Official at the secondary school indicating courses that will be accepted as transfer credit that apply to the student’s degree requirements.


To request a “Parent School Letter” to be sent to the secondary School Certifying Official, please submit the following information to UTC School Certifying Official:

  • Course schedule from secondary school

  • Secondary School Certifying Official contact information (email address, fax, etc.)


Veteran Student Services

423-425-4102 (fax)