UTC's Facebook Comment Disclaimer
The text can be found at facebook.com/UTChattanooga and clicking on "Notes”or at the direct link.
So you want to leave a comment on the UTC Facebook page?
Here are a few things to keep in mind.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is dedicated to forging lasting bonds with its many constituencies particularly in the area of social networks. As the academy is the appropriate arena for discussion, debate and the healthy exchange of ideas, comments are not moderated prior to being posted to our Facebook page. We welcome your enthusiasm for our University, its academic programs, its cultural events, its athletic programs and its regional and global impact.
We do, however, provide the following guidelines:
- We encourage thoughtful discussion, debate and differing viewpoints, with the understanding that all comments must be civil, respectful and appropriate for our audience. That audience includes prospective students, current students, parents, alumni, faculty, staff, fans and community members.
- When leaving comments, our fans are encouraged to remain on topic, to respond directly to the content at hand and to be mindful that their comments are public and publicly attached to their personal Facebook profiles. Also, it's preferable not to post comments in ALL CAPS to get your point across, as this is interpreted as shouting.
- We will not tolerate lewd, offensive, libelous, demeaning or otherwise hurtful or hateful speech directed toward either individuals or groups. Name calling and threats of violence, even theoretical, are inappropriate and not conducive to civil debate. We reserve the right—but assume no obligation—to delete such comments and report offenders as appropriate.
- Mere disagreement with a particular article, posting or with other commenters will not in and of itself be grounds for a comment's removal.
- We do not permit messages selling products or promoting commercial or other ventures. These messages are deleted without notice.
- Some comments also may be removed upon request of individuals named in comments.