The University photographer produces images for the web, print and marketing materials at the direction of the division of Communications and Marketing. Highest priority goes to events that involve the entire University, events hosted by the chancellor's office, and newsworthy events that involve the entire University or community.
Priority 1 Requests:
The university photographer staffs the following when possible.
- Major university-wide event such as commencement ceremonies, homecoming activities and Welcome Week
- Events sponsored by the chancellor's office
- Photo assignments for UTC Magazine, web stories, social media and marketing materials
- Majors news events of national or local interest and university news such as groundbreakings or opening ceremonies for new buildings
- Alumni Affairs events with large community attendance or involvement
- Large-scale technology and research presentation events such as research dialogues
- Classroom and campus activities to produce stocks photos for marketing, social media and individual departmental use
- Career fairs and other events of broad interest to students
- Students working in research or internship environments
- Faculty and staff headshots are photographed in 206 Founders Hall by appointment
- Student headshots are photographed only for official university use for web or print. This does not include LinkedIn or student portfolios.
Priority 2 Requests:
The following may be staffed by the University photographer during business hours or as permitted by the photographer's schedule. Events that do not fit into the photographer's schedule can be staffed by freelancers or student photographer, at the requestor's expense.
- Student-led events, including CAB, SGA or GSA
- Award ceremonies exclusive to one department or college. If an event is during business hours, the University photographer may be able to staff a portion for it but cannot provide photos for each individual receiving an award.
- Speakers hosted by department or college
- Graduation ceremonies that do not involve the entire student body
- Symposiums and conferences that do not involve UTC staff, faculty and students
- Events sponsored by fraternities, sororities and individual student groups involving primarily the sponsoring group and its members
- Galas and fundraisers for individual departments
The University photographer maintains a list of vendor-approved freelancers and can share it upon request.
Complete the online Request Photography form to request photography session. Submit your request a minimum of five business days in advance. Photos from your photography session or event will be made available to you within five to seven business days.
A current selection of University images can now be found at UTC's Photoshelter page.
Collection Requests: For specific requests for images that are not found in the available Photoshelter collection, email Angela Foster with details including size, orientation and how photos will be used.
Borrow a Camera
If necessary, point-and-shoot cameras are available to borrow. Email Angela Foster or call 425-4363, for more information.