The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga


It’s time to register for Spring 2005

Prospective students—start thinking now about your classes for Spring and Summer 2005 semesters—view your choices online and plan now! Spring classes begin Wednesday, January 5. Here is a sampling of what is available:

Communication 324
Race, Gender, & Media – Dr. Elizabeth Gailey
(W 5-7:30pm)
An upper-level course in which students investigate how the mass media help construct popular notions about race and gender in American society.

History 499R
Women in Latin American History – Dr. Aaron Althouse
(M 2-4:30)
From the fifteenth through the middle of the twentieth centuries. Using a variety of sources students will examine the experiences of women at key points in the historical development of Latin America, beginning with pre-contact Latin America and Europe, and ending with the rise of populism in the early to mid-1900s.

English 316
African Literature – Dr. Immaculate Kizza
(MWF 11-11:50am)
A study of selections from the literature of Africa. Emphasis on historical fiction and the oral traditions.

High school seniors—it’s not too early to think about applying for scholarships. Keep it mind the UTC scholarship deadline for first-time freshmen is February 1. Students applying for freshmen scholarships MUST submit their UTC admission application, $25 application fee, official high school transcript, and ACT or SAT scores by the February 1 deadline.

Current students--before registering, current students must meet with an academic adviser. Priority registration began November 1.

To secure an advisement appointment time, the academic adviser must be contacted. Registration time is not the same as an advisement appointment.

How do I get ready to register?

  • View and print your RAP sheet to determine possible courses for next semester.
  • Make an appointment with your faculty adviser.
  • Access the Course Timetable via the web and have a plan before you meet with your adviser.

What if I have holds?

  • You must clear your holds before you will be able to register.
  • If you have an Advisement hold, you must complete the drop/add form and have it signed in the Advisement Office, 278 University Center.
  • If you have an Immunization Hold, you must provide the required documentation to Student Health Services and have it removed before you will be able to register. For more information visit Student Health Services.

How do I register?

How do I change course sections?

  • You may change sections on line and do not need an advisement code.

When are fees due?

  • You must confirm or pay fees by December 17, 2004.

What if I don't pay fees by December 17th?

  • Your classes will be cancelled and you will have to re-register. There is no guarantee that your original courses will be available.

If you have questions, please contact the Records and Registration Office at (423) 425-4416.