Skip to Content


Campus & People

User-Defined Navigation:


register2006Register today for spring and summer 2006

Current UTC students must meet with an academic adviser before registering. Pre-registration information and academic calendars are available online.

IMPORTANT CHANGE: If you have a deficiency or developmental hold, you can now register online. You should review your RAP sheet with your adviser and plan appropriate courses to remove the advisement notification. You must obtain your advisement code from your adviser to register online. The signature from the Advisement Office is no longer required for registration.

It’s not too late to apply for admissions to UTC for classes beginning in January. Contact our Undergraduate Admissions Office at 425-4662 or the UTC Graduate School at 425-4666.

Frequently asked questions for current UTC students

How do I get ready to register?

  • View and print your RAP sheet to determine possible courses for next semester.
  • Make an appointment with your faculty adviser.
  • Access the Course Timetable via the web and have a plan before you meet with your adviser.

What if I have holds?

  • You must clear all your holds before you will be able to register.
  • You can view your holds on your OneNet account.

How do I register?

  • On-line with your advisement code
  • In person (Records & Registration Office, Adult Services, Graduate School) with a signed drop/add form
  • International students must register in the International Student Advisor's Office in 258 Hooper Hall

How do I change course sections?

  • You may change sections on line and do not need an advisement code.

When are fees due?

  • You must confirm or pay fees by December 19, 2005.

What if I don't pay fees by December 19th?

  • Your classes will be cancelled and you will have to re-register. There is no guarantee that your original courses will be available.

If you have questions, please contact the Records and Registration Office at (423)425-4416.

A few interesting courses being offered this spring include:

Body Pump
Offered by the EHLS Department as a credit course, this is the most intense fitness classavailable. It is designed to improve muscular strength and muscular endurance, as well as cardiovascular fitness and flexibility. This class incorporates aerobics, step aerobics, weight lifting, kickboxing and yoga in one tough workout. We are inside, outside, up the stairs, and in the water. Only for the hardcore and those who love a challenge.
Body Pump
EHLS 199-001
TT -3:30-4:20 PM

Survey of African-American Music
Professor Roland Carter, Holmberg Chair of American Music, will teach MUS 499-001, Survey of African-American Music, in the spring semester. The course is devoted to the study of the vocal and instrumental genres originating in the African American experience. It begins with an overview of African backgrounds - music, religion - and spotlights the African American contributions since from slavery to present. The styles, traditions, genres, forms, and musicians will all be discussed in a broad socio-cultural context. Lectures will be supplemented with demonstrations, audio and video recordings, field trips, and performances.
Survey of African-American Music
MUS 499-001
TT 3:05-4:20 p.m.

Radio and Popular Music
The Communications Department is offering Radio and Popular Music (Comm. 400-02) again this spring. The class looks at the growth of radio and the concomitant evolution of popular music in the last century. American popular music in the second half of the century was a fusion of the disparate strands that developed in the first half of the century. Radio played the music, musicians across the country heard one another, and were inspired by what they heard. It's a fascinating story.
Radio and Popular Music
COMM 400-003
W 5:30-8 p.m.

December 16, 2005

More News…