COMM Student Resources
- COMM Major & Minor Requirements - Find out more about majoring or minoring in Communication
- COMM Internship Program - Learn more about COMM 4850 and the departmental internship program.
- Equipment Loan - Find out how to checkout audio or video equipment for a COMM class.
UTC Student Resources
- UTC Learn - Web support for UTC classes.
- MyMocsNet - Login to MyMocsNet to find out what classes you need to take (through MyMocsDegree) and manage your student account (through Self-Service Banner).
- Register for Classes - Learn how to register, add, and drop classes online. You'll need to get an advisement code from your advisor before you can register online.
- Class Schedule - Find out what classes are being offered and when these classes meet.
- Undergraduate Catalogs - The catalog outlines your degree requirements and provides a description of the classes offered by each department. You'll have to use the class schedule (see above) to determine when and if the courses described in the catalog are offered.
- General Education Requirements - Find out more about the "gen ed" classes you are required to take. These classes are in addition to the classes required by your major.
- Disability Resource Center - Support for students with disabilities.
- Transfer Equivalencies - Transferring credits into UTC? Check here for equivalencies.
- UTC Exchange Programs - Looking to study abroad? Learn more about opportunities provided by UTC Exchange Programs.
- Student Support Services - Struggling in school? Student Support services maybe able to help with tutoring, academic advising, and more.
- UTC Writing Center - Need help writing a paper?
- More Resources - Links to everything from the Bookstore to the Video Production.
Students who have questions or concerns are invited to email the department head, John (Jack) Zibluk, at email@example.com.
Student Media Organizations
COMM students need to gain experience working in student media prior to graduating. Get involved with one of UTC's student run media organizations.
- The UTC Echo - student news Web site and weekly newspaper.
- Mocs News - student broadcast news report.
- The Perch - student Web radio station.
Other Student Organizations
Each year the Department of Communication offers scholarships dedicated to COMM majors.
- Adolph S. Ochs Scholarship -Awarded to a junior or senior majoring in communication who plans to pursue a career in print journalism; overall and major GPA 3.0; minimum of two semesters remaining before graduation.
- WRCB-TV / Sarkes Tarzian Scholarship - Awarded to a junior or senior majoring in communication who plans to pursue a career in television broadcasting; overall and major GPA 3.0; minimum of two semesters remaining before graduation.
- Ralph & Donna Damon Dawn Scholarship - Awarded to a student majoring in communication with demonstrated successful academic performance and/or financial need, overall and major GPA 3.0; minimum of two semesters remaining before graduation.
- Osovsky Family Scholarship - Awarded to a student pursuing a major in communication with a demonstrated financial need, overall and major GPA 3.0; minimum of two semesters remaining before graduation.
- Van Henderson Journalism and Mass Communication Scholarship-Awarded to junior or senior year majoring in communication who are working towards a career in newspaper or magazine journalism and who have demonstrated successful academic performance and/or financial need; overall and major GPA 3.0; minimum of two semesters remaining before graduation.
Use the links above to learn more about the scholarships and to apply for consideration. Students may apply for more than one scholarship. The deadline for scholarship applications is announced each spring. Applications and accompanying documents should be turned in to the administrative assistant in Frist 309 by March 19, 2018.