Comm. 4850 Internship Program
All communication majors are required to complete an internship (Comm. 4850) or a directed project (4800) before graduation. The majority of students choose to complete the internship, because it provides valuable work experience prior to graduation.
Interns must apply the semester before they plan to enroll in Comm. 4850, Individual Internship.
- For spring internships the deadline is around Halloween.
- For fall or summer 2018 internships, portfolios must be submitted to the Department of Communication (Frist 309) office on February 14, 2018 at 3 p.m.
- If you are doing the internship during the fall or spring semester, you may enroll for 15 credits hours which includes the internship.
- If you are doing the internship during the summer, you may only enroll for 9 credit hours which includes the internship.
To apply, students must have:
- completed COMM 2300 and 2310
- completed or be enrolled in COMM 4200 or 4510
- completed or be enrolled in at least two upper level communication skills courses (skills courses include COMM 3330, 3350, 3370, 3400, 3450, 3500, 3610, 3630, 3650, 3660, 3700, some 4000 courses, 4100, 4350, 4450, 4550 and 4700)
a minimum overall 2.0 GPA and a 2.0 GPA in communication
Learn more about the internship program: