Comm. 4850 Internship Program
All communication majors are required to complete an internship (Comm. 4850) or a directed project (4800) before graduation. The majority of students choose to complete the internship, because it provides valuable work experience prior to graduation.
To learn more about getting COMM 4850 credit for a Spring 2019 internship attend one of our internship interest meetings:
- Thurs., Sept. 27 at 3pm in Library 435
- Thurs., Oct. 2 at 3pm in Library 435
- Fri., Oct. 19 at 12 noon in Library 435
Interns must apply the semester before they plan to enroll in Comm. 4850, Individual Internship.
- For spring internships 2019 the application deadline is October 31.
- For fall or summer internships the deadline is around Valentines Day.
- If you are doing the internship during the fall or spring semester, we strongly suggest you enroll in no more than 15 credits hours, including the internship.
- If you are doing the internship during the summer,we strongly suggest you enroll in no more than 9 credit hours, including the internship.
To apply, students must have:
- completed COMM 2300 and 2310
- completed or be enrolled in COMM 4200 or 4510
- completed or be enrolled in at least two upper level communication skills courses (skills courses include COMM 3330, 3350, 3370, 3400, 3450, 3500, 3610, 3630, 3650, 3660, 3700, some 4000 courses, 4100, 4350, 4450, 4550 and 4700)
a minimum overall 2.0 GPA and a 2.0 GPA in communication
Learn more about the internship program: