Comm. 4850 Internship Program
All communication majors are required to complete an internship (Comm. 4850) or a directed project (4800) before graduation. The majority of students choose to complete the internship, because it provides valuable work experience prior to graduation.
Planning on Doing a Summer of Fall 2019 Internship for Credit?
Attend an interest meeting to learn more about the application procedures:
- Fri. Jan. 25, 12 pm, Library 435
- Fri. Feb 1, 12 pm, Library 435
- Tues. Feb. 5, 3pm, Library 205
Internship Program Requirements
Interns must apply the semester before they plan to enroll in Comm. 4850, Individual Internship.
- For summer or fall 2019 internships the deadline is Feb 14, 2019 at 3pm.
- For spring internships the application deadline is in September (exact date to be announced).
- If you are doing the internship during the fall or spring semester, we strongly suggest you enroll in no more than 15 credits hours, including the internship.
- If you are doing the internship during the summer, we strongly suggest you enroll in no more than 9 credit hours, including the internship.
To apply, students must have:
- completed COMM 2300 and 2310
- completed or be enrolled in COMM 4200 or 4510
- completed or be enrolled in at least two upper level communication skills courses (skills courses include COMM 3330, 3350, 3370, 3400, 3450, 3500, 3610, 3630, 3650, 3660, 3700, some 4000 courses, 4100, 4350, 4450, 4550 and 4700)
a minimum2.0 overall GPA, 2.0 institutional GPA, and a 2.0 GPA in communication
Learn more about the internship program: