All COMM majors must meet with an advisor before registering for classes.
Check your MyMocsDegree to find out the name of your advisor, then reach out to your advisor to set up an appointment to meet prior to registering.
To learn more about the COMM major, minor, or internship program please check out these resources:
- COMM Major Requirements - Find out more about majoring in Communication
- COMM Minor Requirements - Find out more about minoring in Communication
- COMM Internship Program - Learn more about COMM 4850 and the departmental internship program.
- MyMocsNet - Login to MyMocsNet to find out what classes you need to take (through MyMocsDegree) and manage your student account (through Self-Service Banner).
- Register for Classes - Learn how to register, add, and drop classes online. You'll need to get an advisement code from your advisor before you can register online.
- Class Schedule - Find out what classes are being offered and when these classes meet.
- Change your major, your minor, or your catalog year - Use these Record Office online forms to change or delcare your major, your minor, or your catalog year.
- Registrar Forms - Need to file a petition or an appeal? Need to apply for graduation? These forms can be submitted online through the Registrar page.
- Undergraduate Catalogs - The catalog outlines your degree requirements and provides a description of the classes offered by each department. You'll have to use the class schedule (see above) to determine when and if the courses described in the catalog are offered.
- General Education Requirements - Find out more about the "gen ed" classes you are required to take. These classes are in addition to the classes required by your major.
- Transfer Equivalencies - Transferring credits into UTC? Check here for equivalencies.
- UTC Exchange Programs - Looking to study abroad? Learn more about opportunities provided by UTC Exchange Programs.
Student Media Organizations
It is highly recommended that COMM students gain experience working in student media prior to graduating. Get involved with one of UTC's student run media organizations.