All COMM majors must meet with an advisor before registering for classes.
Check your MyMocsDegree to find out the name of your advisor, then reach out to your advisor to set up an appointment to meet prior to regsitering.
To learn more about the COMM major or internship program please check out these resources:
- COMM Major & Minor Requirements - Find out more about majoring or minoring in Communication
- COMM Internship Program - Learn more about COMM 4850 and the departmental internship program.
- MyMocsNet - Login to MyMocsNet to find out what classes you need to take (through MyMocsDegree) and manage your student account (through Self-Service Banner).
- Register for Classes - Learn how to register, add, and drop classes online. You'll need to get an advisement code from your advisor before you can register online.
- Class Schedule - Find out what classes are being offered and when these classes meet.
- Undergraduate Catalogs - The catalog outlines your degree requirements and provides a description of the classes offered by each department. You'll have to use the class schedule (see above) to determine when and if the courses described in the catalog are offered.
- General Education Requirements - Find out more about the "gen ed" classes you are required to take. These classes are in addition to the classes required by your major.
- Records Office Forms - Need to change your major or minor? Need to file a petition or an appeal? Need to apply for graduation? These forms can be submitted online through the Records Office page.
- Transfer Equivalencies - Transferring credits into UTC? Check here for equivalencies.
- UTC Exchange Programs - Looking to study abroad? Learn more about opportunities provided by UTC Exchange Programs.
Student Media Organizations
It is highly recomended that COMM students gain experience working in student media prior to graduating. Get involved with one of UTC's student run media organizations.
- The UTC Echo - student news Web site and weekly newspaper.
- Mocs News - student broadcast news report.
- The Perch - student Web radio station.