Recent Job Postings for Students and Recent Graduates
BASF - Process Technician and I/E Technician
BASF Chattanooga Process Technician posting and I/E Maintenance Technician postings are now available for applicants and referrals.
Information and web link below:
For BASF employees submitting a referral, you may be eligible for the Employee Referral Award if candidate/referral meets program guidelines.
For folks external to BASF, if you know of potential candidates, please refer them to the application link below.
Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) - STEM Student Employment Program (SSEP)
STEM Student Employment Program (SSEP)
Provides direct hire authority for undergraduate and graduate degree seeking students enrolled in scientific, technical, engineering, or mathematics majors. The program was established to provide interns with exposure to public service, enhance educational experience, and possibly provide financial aid to support educational goals. Additionally, this program will provide a streamlined and accelerated hiring process to compete successfully with private industry for high-quality scientific, technical, engineering, or mathematics students for filling scientific and engineering positions.
- Must be a US citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Must be in a degree-seeking student pursuing a Bachelor’s or Graduate level degree
- For all engineering majors, must be enrolled at a college or university accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Must be taking at least a half-time academic course load as defined by the school in which you attend
- Must be in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be able to meet the 640 hours (16 weeks) work requirement prior to graduation
- Must remain in a STEM course of study at an institution of higher education for the duration of the program
- Students seeking an associate’s degree, academic criteria must be transferable to a four-year college or university, and student must intend upon completion of the associate’s degree to transfer to a four-year college or university to pursue a bachelor’s degree
- Paid Internship
- Provides an opportunity to gain work experience directly related to an academic field of study
- Eligible for tuition assistance (50% Tuition only and $400 book allowance per semester)
- Travel between duty station and school may be authorized according to NSWCDD policy and the availability of funds
- Eligible for all benefits (Annual Leave and Sick Leave, 401k, Life and Health)
- Students who successfully complete the program may be eligible for conversion to a permanent job in the civil service
Continued Service Agreement:
- Students accepting tuition assistance must sign the Division’s Continued Service Agreement and agree to continue in service for a period equal to the length of the training for which tuition was received.
- The service obligation does not begin until after support is received and after successful completion of the degree program.
- Failure to fulfill the continued service obligation will result in having to reimburse NSWCDD for the amount of the tuition that reflects the unfulfilled portion of the service agreement.
- In the event NSWCDD is unable to convert the student due to administrative reasons (budget constraints, lack of work), the student will not be held liable for the financial assistance received and will voluntarily resign or be terminated.
The Dahlgren site is located approximately 55 miles south of Washington, D.C., 60
miles north of Richmond, VA, and 23 miles east of Fredericksburg, VA, between the
Potomac and Rappahannock Rivers in Dahlgren, VA.
The CDSA Dam Neck site is located on Virginia Beach's Atlantic shore.
How to Apply:
Applications are accepted year-round. Interested applicants should email their resume and transcripts to: DLGR_NSWC_JobInfo@navy.mil
Isotec International, Inc. - ChemE Student Intern
Isotec International Inc is looking for a ChemE student who has interest in joining a chemical manufacturing company producing custom formulated chemical systems that may be used to make products in a wide range of end use markets. Examples would be skate wheels, truck bed liner, reinforcements for spas and hot tubs, sport track adhesives and a variety of adhesives used in the RV and specialty truck markets to name a few. It would be part time during the school year. They are flexible. Their web site has a good overview at www.isotecintl.com.
They are a custom formulator of polyurethane elastomers, coatings and adhesives located in North Georgia. The coatings and adhesives are often applied by use of equipment and require us to staff a technical service team to support the use of the chemistry along with the equipment. One of our largest customers utilizes robotics to manipulate the processing equipment. They are looking to hire full time upon graduation.
If interested, please email your resume to:
Gerret M Peters Jr.
Executive Vice President
Isotec International, Inc.
Lectrus Corporation - Structural Design Intern
Lectrus Corporation is seeking a Structural Design Intern at the Chattanooga office to create custom 3D models, and generate drawings of products ordered, according to customer specifications.
Primary Job Responsibilities include:
- Revise model, drawings and designs based on change orders and customer requests.
- Draft 3D Model, required drawings, analyze data to determine changes/modifications needed, and verify the accuracy and completeness of model / drawings.
- Coordinate and communicate with staff members in engineering, production, design, and management, to ensure designs meet customer expectations.
- Key in specified information to produce 3D Model representation of design for review and approval by engineering, design staff and customer.
- Work with manufacturing staff to interpret designs, answer questions and make changes as needed.
- Formal training in AutoCad and SolidWorks software.
- Experience designing structural and steel products.
- Exceptional computer skills.
- 2 years experience with SolidWorks or similar 3D solid modeling software.
- Strong math skills, ability to perform structural calculations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
To apply: Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Engineering Firm - Internship
A local engineering firm that works in the wireless communications industry is looking for an Intern.
- Student will need to have experience or education in civil with a structural emphasis.
- The ideal student/intern would be someone who is wanting to pursue a degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Student has experience using structural analysis programs – i.e. – STAAD, STAAD-Pro, or RISA.
This is an immediate need. They will work around your school schedule and possibly help with tuition for the right individuals.
Telecad Wireless Site Design, Inc.
1961 Northpoint Blvd. Suite 130
Hixson, TN 37343
Vincit - ITG Process Engineering - Mechanical Engineering Internship
ITG is looking for (2) Mechanical Engineering Interns for both the Fall & Spring semesters! While working under the direct supervision of our mechanical engineers, interns will employ their knowledge for problem-solving, drafting, and designing projects using SolidWorks. Please review the attached job description for further duties and responsibilities – then click Here! to apply if interested. If you’d like to learn a little bit more about ITG, who we are, and what we do – please visit our website. http://www.vincitgroup.com/process-engineering/
National Aerospace Solutions (NAS) - Program Controls Engineer II
Department/Branch: Space and Missiles
Functional: Integrated Resources/Project Controls
- Assists developing, maintain, statusing and analyzing the Integrated Master Schedule within Oracle P6. This includes managing at the resource level as well as planned dates and durations.
- Assists with in-depth schedule analysis of Capital Projects and their interdependencies to identify and clearly communicate potential areas of asset and/or resource conflict to NAS and Air Force leadership.
- Communication and coordination of schedule changes to take advantage of opportunities and mitigate conflicts.
- Maintain integration between P6 and OWAM.
- Support daily, weekly and monthly schedule reporting requirements.
- Assist with development and update of procedures for schedule maintenance and reporting.
- Assist with resource curves and resource planning.
- Assist with coordination of test and outage activities that may impact other contractors.
- Support and attend meetings where test and outage schedules are discussed.
- Assist with out-year test and outage planning.
- Assists in developing and implementing requirements for cost recording, reporting, and analyzing standards, programs, and reports. Performs performance monitoring and control functions for specific applications.
- Assists with budget development and change control.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- BS Degree in Engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all levels of leadership.
- Knowledge of schedule theory.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Oracle Primavera P6 experience preferred or Candidate will train in with eventual use of Oracle Primavera P6.
- Assist with establishing criteria for Project Controls activities.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize.
- Proficiency in using PC operating systems and several basic software applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint as well as schedule network software such as Primavera (preferred).
Quality Internship with Tier 1 Automotive Supplier
Report to: Quality Manager
Interact with: Quality Engineers, Quality Technicians, Lab Technicians, other departments and customers/suppliers as needed.
Main Activities may include:
- Provide support to SQE on supplier issues
- Support metrology and calibration needs
- Support production on visual aspect decisions
- Support weekly product audits
- Support Engineering and Quality trials involving the SILS
- Assist the primary customer contact with quality issues
- Assist in quality audits at supplier location when required
- Assist with and coordinate disposition and corrective action relating to supplier nonconforming materials
- Assist in coordinating efforts to reduce receipt of poor quality components / material (PPM)
- Participate in Continuous Improvement tools (POSITIVE, POMs, Focused Improvement Roadmap, etc.)
- This position will spend some time both in an office setting as well as in the production/lab environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- In process of pursing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in an Engineering field preferred
- Quality oriented
- Leadership skills
- Microsoft Outlook and Basic Microsoft Excel Applications
- Detail oriented
- Ability to participate on a functional team, follow instructions, and successfully complete tasks as delegated.
Send resumes to Lindsay Hunter at email@example.com or call 423-553-6953 ext. 4303 for more information.
BWX Technologies, Inc. - Engineering Intern - Part Time
BWX technologies is looking for part-time engineering interns at our Chattanooga facility. We are a small engineering design firm supporting the nuclear industry. This won’t be your standard “Get coffee and write documents” type of internship. You will be fully integrated into the design team and be given projects to call your own. How much work and variety of work you will be given is based upon your interests and your willingness to learn. This means you will have to be intrinsically motivated and work with limited supervision. Currently we are looking to hire four co-ops, two with a background in mechanical and two with an electrical/software background.
Perks of the Job:
- Flexible hours, fit your hours in Mon-Fri 6am-6pm
- Full machine shop, laser cutters, welding, 3D printing, and more
- Fifteen minute bike ride from UTC via the riverwalk
- Competitive pay
- Ample on the job training and learning opportunities
- Highly effective communicators!
- Preferably 18+ hours a week
- Mechanical, Electrical, or Software background
- Inventor, solidworks, other CAD skills OR
- Programming experience
Nice to have:
- CAM, welding, mechanical experience, OR
- Experience with OpenCV, ROS, RaspberryPi or other Dev boards.
Requirements for this position include:
- U.S citizenship
- Ability to pass a drug test and background check
- Currently enrolled in bachelor’s or master’s program of an engineering discipline
If you are interested in working with a thriving company with the opportunity for the position to turn into full-time salaried position, apply today!
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Headquartered in Lynchburg, VA., BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical, management and site services to support governments in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components and services for the commercial nuclear power industry.
BWXT has more than 5,200 employees and significant operations in Lynchburg, VA.; Erwin, TN.; Mount Vernon, Ind.; Euclid, OH; Barberton, OH; and Cambridge, Ontario, as well as more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy sites around the country. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Aerotek - Electrical/controls Engineer
Aerotek is seeking an electrical engineer who have recently graduated and has an internship or co-op in either electrical design
(PLC design) or PLC programming. This position would also prefer candidates with SolidWorks
design and Allen Bradley programming experience. 1 year of on the job experience is
Qualified Applicants must have the following:
- Received a Bachelor's in Electric Engineering OR mechanical Engineering
- 1 year of PLC programming (Allen Bradley) OR 1 year of electrical design utilizing SolidWorks
- Efficient Oral and Written Communication skills
- Positive attitude and willing to learn
Interested candidates should apply to email@example.com or 423-242-2631.
To learn more about Aerotek and see a complete list of our locations, visit our website at www.aerotek.com . Searching by location will bring up a list of open jobs (not all are listed so reach out for other opportunities)
Engility - STEM Internships in the Space Systems Group
Engility’s Space Systems Group provides specialized engineering, analysis, and operations support to NASA and a variety of Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. The Space Systems Group has multiple STEM internship positions available for the summer of 2018. These interns will be performing mission analysis and technical advisory services for various programs in the Space Systems Group. All of the positions under this job requisite will be located in Chantilly, VA (near Washington DC).
If interested, candidates can apply for the position by clicking the link below:
Alternatively, candidates can go to engilitycorp.com's career page and search for the following job number: STEM Internship 38381
Due to the lengthy security clearance process, candidates interested in a position for next summer should apply as soon as possible. Space Systems Group will be moving forward with interviews and offers by the end of October.
Carlex – process Engineer
Position Summary: The Engineer, Process will ensure the glass fabrication line is functioning efficiently, safely and effectively. This will require thorough understanding of company standards and equipment to ensure operators are properly using equipment and machinery. This position also works in conjunction with operators to complete other efficiency and quality related tasks, including, but not limited to, troubleshooting operations, issuing and revising drawing and process sheets, verifying conformance of products and training operators of equipment and machinery.
- Engineering of assigned area of glass fabrication. This includes the understanding of tools, quality of product and ability to implement improvements to operations
- Manage process related tooling in preparation for each production run
- Troubleshoot all plant operations for the entire windshield bending lines
- Issue and revise drawing and process sheets as a result of continuous improvement in the process. Specifically an improvement in capability or scrap reduction
- Verify conformance of components to customer specifications
- Analyse weekly production results, identify deficiencies and implement the necessary improvements
- Work with operators in order to reduce defects, increase throughput and improve the products’ dimensional capability
- Train operators how to safely and effectively operate plant equipment and machinery
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Manufacturing or Electrical)
or any equivalent technical degree
Years of Experience:
3+ years’ in a Manufacturing Environment
- Experience with manufacturing equipment or assembly lines.
- Six Sigma certified is preferred
- Solid understanding of Six Sigma, SPC, Yes-No, Pareto and other tools in order to improve and sustain production levels
- Advanced/Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Hands-on approach to problem solving and analysis.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated in a team environment
- High Initiative
- Excellent ability to understand processes and interactions
Interrested candidates should send resumes to Linda Ford, Manager, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Project Engineer – Great Entry-level Position for Recent Civil Engineering Graduate
A multi-disciplinary, employee-owned firm in Nashville is looking for an Assistant Project Engineer – a local relocation package is available for a successful candidate who does not currently live in Nashville. This person will support our Land Development office.
Responsibilities include work on all phases of civil engineering for public and private sector projects including site layout and grading design, roadway and parking design, storm water management system design, water and sanitary sewer system design, erosion and sediment control planning and design and construction detailing and development of technical specifications. This person may also conduct permitting and code research, prepare technical assessments and reports and prepare and submit permit applications to various regulatory authorities.
This position requires a BS in Civil Engineering, solid CAD skills, and solid verbal and written communication skills. Experience using Civil 3D is a plus. Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam is preferred but not required at time of hire; however, the candidate should expect to pass the exam within 24 months of hiring.
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit offerings, including training, professional development, membership in professional associations and much more. All of our offices provide employees with a relaxed, collegial and professional working atmosphere. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Target Salary Range: 48-58k, depending on experience and skills
Reports to the Director of Land Development
Strong advancement potential.
There is a local relocation package available for candidates outside of the Nashville area.
For More Information, contact email@example.com or call me at (607) 882-7700.
Aerotek - Quality Engineer
Aerotek is seeking Quality Engineer for Entry Level Mechanical Engineers. The position would be able to start as early as Monday and is a contract going until March or April. Our client is seeking a high-energy, motivated candidate willing to learn about the quality industry.
Interested candidates should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-242-2617.
To learn more about Aerotek and see a complete list of our locations, visit our website at www.aerotek.com . Searching by location will bring up a list of open jobs (not all are listed so reach out for other opportunities)
McKee Foods Corporation - Intern - Retail and Shopper Data Analyst
Best known for Little Debbie® snack cakes, America’s leading snack cake brand, Sunbelt Bakery® granola products, and Drake’s Cakes®, McKee Foods Corporation is seeking a student Intern who will work in the Category Insights Department. This position will be conducting data analysis in support of the work done by Category Analysts which has a direct impact on our products in the marketplace. The ideal candidate has the potential to work and learn with us throughout his/her college career. This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience with a company that is committed to providing consumers with quality products at an excellent value. McKee Foods is a privately held, family owned company with a 50+ year history of innovation and treating employees with respect, and a deeply held belief in the importance of doing business with integrity.
Flexible depending on the intern’s school schedule: Monday - Friday, hours vary between 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (expected to work around 20 hours per week during school year and up to 40 during summer)
You’ll learn from a great team of business analysts! As an Intern in Category Insights, you will be an active part of the team that analyzes sales data for key insights and new opportunities at retail. You will compile data into reports and presentations, and monitor reports for existing business opportunities and historical performance. This includes providing support for sales and execution strategies, preparing planograms, developing sales stories, and communicating key information to internal and external customers.
Make McKee Foods a stable part of your education plan and you will develop the technical, business and customer-service skills needed to become a well-rounded business professional!
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a four-year college degree in Business Management, Accounting, Statistics, Data Analytics, Mathematics, Business Intelligence, Computer Science, or related field
- Junior, Senior or Masters student
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office with high level Excel skills (i.e. ability to create charts, graphs, pivot tables, advanced formulas, statistical tools, pivot tables, etc.)
- Ability to work with relational databases and extract information from databases
- Ability to present findings and data to multiple levels of management
- Interest in business analysis and insight discovery skills
- Interest in and/or aptitude for working with Analytics, Retail, Sales and Marketing departments
- Customer service skills
- Willing and able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Willing to accept responsibility
- High level of initiative and drive
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work with a diverse customer base
- 3.0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Ability to work with basic statistical functions such as linear regression algorithms
- Understanding of advanced database techniques, data visualization, data warehousing, online analytical processing (OLAP), data mining, decision support systems (DSS), artificial intelligence (AI) methods and other Business Intelligence (BI) topics
- Demonstrated understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Demonstrated abilities with both custom and syndicated research
- Experience in the consumer packaged goods business or working in a retail environment
- Experience in category management processes and/or consumer/shopper insights
*Please note: Spare and limited employees (including interns) are not eligible for some company benefits such as medical insurance, participation in profit sharing-cash bonus, or paid time off accruals for vacations, holidays, and sick days.
Please upload your current resume to be fully considered for this position.
**Equal Opportunity Employer**
Please apply online at mckeefoods.com:
TVA Dam Safety - Internship
Civil Engineering Majors:
TVA Dam Safety has an immediate opening for an intern within their Geotechnics group. This position would entail assisting Senior Engineers in the preparation of survey and instrumentation observation assessments and reports, data logging, and maintaining certain deadlines throughout the group. This is an excellent opportunity to understand the role of civil engineering as it pertains to power production, flood control, and maintenance of waterways across the Tennessee Valley, as well as learning valuable skills such as drawing interpretation and the use of various engineering software. Please remit resumes no later than FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2017 to LMDorsch@tva.gov. Please note you will be required to submit to a drug screening prior to employment.
Erlanger Health System - ERLANGER SCHOLARS PROGRAM
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO September 29, 2017
Department Position Summary:
As an Erlanger Scholars Intern, students will be responsible for one or more activities within the department with supervisors that administer the processes. The intern will assist with identifying and resolving operational issues and support process improvements and work cross-functionally with internal teams as directed by the supervisor. The intern will have the opportunity to own and deliver on portions of several relevant plan projects. As applicable, the intern will develop and utilize root-cause analysis techniques and strategy, maintain and improve departmental protocols, participate in training to foster knowledge transfer within the organization, engage in customer service related improvement initiatives, and create and deliver impactful and creative presentations.
Information Security Scholar:
Undergraduate and Graduate Students Welcome to Apply!
The successful candidate will be an understudy in the auditing and compliance monitoring in regards to the design, implementation, and operations of network security infrastructure. The candidate will have a basic understanding of networking and IT security, ensuring adherence to best practices and proven methodologies which promote secure and reliable delivery of mission critical services within a large multi-site academic healthcare organization. It is envisioned that this individual will assist in maintaining and enhancing enterprise information assurance standards to assist EHS in meeting regulatory compliance (HIPAA, HITECH, and PCI). The successful candidate will exhibit the following core competencies:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in order to work effectively across the organization
- Flexibility and adaptability in a changing environment
- Basic critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required. Working knowledge of Power Point and Word
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Basic understanding of the OSI model and TCP/IP networking
- Proficiency with Microsoft operating systems
- Basic understanding of network components and infrastructure
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux/Mac helpful but not required
- Basic understanding of information security controls and infrastructure
- Report writing and auditing of information systems
- Assist in the development of information security educational material
Are you a university student with 60 completed credit hours and at least a 3.0 GPA? If so, you may be interested in becoming an Erlanger Scholar serving as a part-time employee while completing your degree.
The Erlanger Scholars Program lasts for up to one academic year (3 semesters with summer start, 2 semesters with fall start), and scholars are paid $13/hr while having the option of earning 3 credit hours from the university (see Jaclyn York for details).
Part-time standards are 15-19 hours per week between 8 AM and 6 PM. The work schedule will be developed around the student’s university class schedule.
If selected, you will be an official Erlanger Health System part-time employee with all rights, privileges, and restrictions. As a part-time employee in the Erlanger Scholars Program, you will receive an unparalleled opportunity to work for an industry leader and gain real world business knowledge. This is a highly visible role and is developing a talent pool for possible full-time employment opportunities.
No experience required, however, must show responsibility, professionalism, and a desire to achieve in a fast-paced work environment.
Submit a cover letter and resume (both in pdf format) to the Erlanger website located Here or visit http://www.erlanger.org/job-opportunities/home, click “I am an outside candidate,” and search for Scholars. Once you have applied, please notify the CECS SSC at CECS-SuccessCenter@utc.edu
Make sure you have entered your overall GPA in the academic profile when you apply. Please put your overall GPA and expected graduation date on your resume.
Zee Company (Member of VincitGroup) - Area Manager Trainee for our Water and Energy division
Zee Company, a member company of the Vincit Group, is seeking full-time Area Manager Trainee for our Water and Energy division. This position will be responsible for the Western Division. The Vincit Group is a single source provider with a network of eight member companies that deliver maximum efficiency through the vertical integration of chemical services, contract sanitation management, as well as automation and engineering solutions. The Vincit Group Services provides IT, finance, marketing and human resources support to the member companies. We currently have over 5,600 associates among all member companies in the organization.
Zee Company is a respected leader in engineered chemical treatment programs for sanitation, intervention, water, wastewater, and process systems with over 1,500 products available. Our clients include some of the most prestigious and well known food brands in the world, and we protect their brand names by ensuring that their products are free from bacteria that could contaminate the nation’s food supply. Privately held and headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee with distribution centers strategically located throughout the nation, we are a national leader in Chemical Application.
For more information on Zee Company, visit our website at http://www.vincitgroup.com/zee/
The Area Manager Trainee’s primary responsibility is learning the overall operating procedures and sales processes of Zee Water & Energy Management. This includes classroom and on the job training as well as actual service responsibility as assigned by the representative’s supervisor. Training will include: Sales and Technical Service necessary for success as an Area Manager. Trainee will work with his/her supervisor regarding:
- Intensive study and completion of Boiler Water, Cooling Water. And Wastewater Treatment courses.
- Contacting prospective customers to sell chemicals for treating water in boilers, cooling towers, and waste water systems:
- Scheduling appointments to explain products and services available
- Inspecting customer water system equipment, and prepares service reports
- Obtaining samples of water to be analyzed, and performing field analysis as well as sending samples to home office for analysis.
- Reviewing the water analysis and writing field service reports, including contacting customers to recommend treatment to control levels of the designed program in the water systems reviewed.
Once the training period is successfully completed the individual may be eligible to be promoted to an Area Manager position in a designated sales area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Learns sales administration by working with mentor and shadowing Sales Team.
- Learns sales process by completing training program; completing study assignments.
- Observes sales process by traveling with sales representatives; attending sales and service calls.
- Practices sales process by calling on existing and then new accounts; adhering to established sales steps.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational improvement opportunities; reading sales and marketing publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in sales and marketing organizations.
- Understand the sales order process including checking material availability, scheduling delivery with the warehouse, freight consolidation and customer invoicing.
- Learn the products supplied contacts, locations, minimum quantities and lead times.
- Travel with Supervisor making sales calls on customers as directed.
- Complete Water Training Manuals under the direction of the Regional Manager or VP (trainee mentor).
- Learns to explain water treatment package benefits to customer and sell chemicals to treat and resolve water related problems.
- Estimates and advises customer of service costs to correct water-treatment process problems.
- Learns to resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Learns to prepare sales contracts for orders obtained, and submit orders for processing.
- Learns to inspect, test, and observe chemical changes in water system equipment, utilizing test kit, reference manual, and knowledge of chemical treatment.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Completes special projects upon requests, and other duties may be assigned.
Required: Must possess strong customer service focus, social and interpersonal skills, active listening skills, strong mechanical aptitude, and effective communication skills. Must be able to excel in a fast paced environment and meet time-sensitive deadlines.
Preferred: Beneficial to have strong critical thinking, persuasion, and comprehension skills. Knowledge of the composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo is helpful. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Technical Discipline (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Environmental Technology/Engineering)
Required: No experience in water treatment required
Preferred: Previous internship is preferred, working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel highly preferred.
PAY AND BENEFITS
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and sales commission. The overall benefits package includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, as well as 401k with company contributions. A monthly auto allowance and expenses for overnight travel and customer activities are provided.
Komatsu America Corp. - Purchasing Manager and Production Scheduler/Planner
Komatsu America Corp. Chattanooga Manufacturing Operation is delighted to announce our newest career opportunity with our Purchasing Department as a Purchasing Manager. The ideal candidate must possess a Bachelor’s of Science in Business or Engineering or a related field and at least 5 years manufacturing experience. Experience with MRP and inventory control; Warehouse systems and logistics including JIT delivery.
Another opportunity we have is the Production Scheduler/Planner position with our company. The ideal candidate must possess a Bachelor’s of Science in Business or Engineering or a related field and at least 1-3 years manufacturing experience. Candidate should have comprehensive knowledge and ability in Microsoft Suite; APICS CPIM certification preferred; independent problem solving capabilities and strong communication skills.
All interested parties must apply via the Komatsu website at www.komatsuamerica.com. A full list of the company’s available positions can be found in the career section of the Komatsu website. First time site users must create a candidate profile prior to applying for any opportunities. Those who successfully apply for the position will receive a confirmation message.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V
Berry and Hunt - Internship
- Perform duties as directed by Berry & Hunt providing
exceptional customer service to our property tenant base.
- Perform duties in our properties such as, but not limited
- Provide concierge services for our tenants and future
tenants. Including assisting our facility team to help
our properties present their best.
- Communicate facility repair needs and appearance
improvement needs to the Berry & Hunt Team.
- Shadow and assist Project Managers at project
progress meetings, project inspections, and project
- Shadow and assist Maintenance Technicians and
Building Managers during performance of
preventative maintenance, property repair, and
- Shadow and assist leasing officers during
prospective tenant walk-through and leasing
- Shadow and assist Office Manager and
Administrative Assistant administer contract
management and monthly accounts payable and
- Provide concierge services for our tenants and future
Interested applicants please send resumes to
Jared Chastain, Director of Operations email@example.com
Republic Centre, Suite 850 | 633 Chestnut Street | Chattanooga, TN 37450 | (423) 267-8112
Hixson Enterprises Inc. - CAD User
Local entrepreneur is seeking a 3rd or 4th year mechanical engineering student with CAD experience.
Hixson Enterprises Inc. is a new local company that is still within its startup stages. Hixson Enterprises Inc (Hei), is dedicated to sustainable crop production by moving the fields indoors, essentially eliminating environmental impacts on the land. Adam, the founder of Hei, has designed a shelving system that is automated(mechanical) and needs help from an engineering student, to put his design on paper.
A total of six metal parts will need to be designed, prior to Hei being able to seek out a fabrication company. Adam has most of the details of the system worked out within his head, and seeks someone that has the ability to translate his ideas. The complexity of these parts are fairly simple, with predrilled holes and precision welds being about the only crucial points, however, once assembled this machine will be fairly large and complex in nature. The way that the system is designed, smaller modular units can be interlinked and staked, creating a machine however large that is needed, that will work as a singular unit when assembled. Some calculations will need to be determined, just to ensure that materials used in construction are sufficiently strong enough to support the total weight of the machine, once fully assembled and loaded with plants.
The pay for this project is negotiable and will be settled on prior to the contracting of the drafting process. Since a U.S. patent will be applied for once drafted, Hei will ask that anyone working on the project sign a NDA statement before details are discussed about the design. A design that is issued a patent is an excellent item to include within a resume, and would give students a great opportunity to start their portfolio. This is a single project job, and pay will be paid upon completion of the plans, however, Hei has several other ideas that will also need to be conveyed into plans, and an outstanding job on this first project could result in the contracting for the student for future projects.
Anyone interested in possibly accepting the job should contact Adam Hixson by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, with an attached resume for reviewing and elimination purposes. I look forward to hearing from you and are confident that, together we can accomplish whatever we set our minds to.
Covenant Transportation Group – Seasonal Weather Coordinator
Covenant Transportation Group is seeking seasonal staff from now until April 30th to run a 24hr a day Weather Desk that emphasizes Safe Truck Travel for our 3000 trucks across the lower 48 states. This is a job like no other because Covenant stops our trucks in the worst conditions, and routes around for other difficulties, both of which happen with information gathered by the Seasonal Weather Coordinator.
No prior weather experience is necessary as we teach to the program, but computer skill and a passion for weather and geography is a plus.
Covenant has 12 openings. Pay is $12 per hour and job returns each winter. Job averages 20 to 30 hours per week through the winter. Must be 18 to apply.
There are 6 total shifts, each with multiple openings.
Early Week – Sun, Mon, Tues and every other Sat
Late Week - or Wed, Thurs, Fri, every other Sat
Days – 8am to 5pm
Nights – 12am to 8am
Evenings – 5pm to midnight
Please email resumes or questions to Jonathan.Hunter@ctgcompanies.com and include your current class schedule. Paid Training will start in late September and full schedule will begin October 1st.
Barcom, Inc. - Junior Computer Programmer
Barcom, a Chattanooga based software company, is looking for a Junior Programmer. Candidate must have at B.S. in Computer Science or at least 2 years programming experience. We are looking for a candidate that has experience in at least 2 of the following:
C#.NET, VB.NET, ASP.NET, MICROSOFT SQL, XAMARIN, WEB DEVELOPMENT (MICROSOFT), ANDROID APP DEVELOPMENT
Must have the ability to interact with the customers and be a team player for integration of all systems. Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Some travel is required.
If you enjoy a casual work environment, great pay, great benefits and the ability to have a real impact on the performance of the company, then this is the career move for you.
E-mail resume to email@example.com
Green Construction - Project Manager/Asst. Estimator - Construction
Position is responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation,
project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring
compliance with quality standards. The construction project manager responsibilities
span a broad spectrum, covering all the areas of project management like - Project
Planning, Cost Management, Time Management,
Quality Management, Contract Administration, and Safety Management. It also incorporates drafting, project layout and project scheduling. Position also includes reading blue prints, quantity takeoffs, soliciting bids from Subcontractors and assisting in developing bids.
- Charting out the project objectives and plans, setting performance requirements, and selecting project participants.
- Bringing about optimum utilization of resources- labor, materials and equipment, and ensuring their procurement at most cost-effective terms.
- Implementation of various operations through proper coordination.
- Development of effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various participants.
- Assist in soliciting bids and quantity takeoffs.
- Project scheduling, coordination and shop drawing review.
- Oversee the construction project from start to finish.
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Create the teams, develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual
- Organizing and leading project meetings to ensure coordination from all parties.
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking if team expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project
- Ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule.
- Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises.
- Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and laborers.
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Periodic inspection of construction sites.
- Project layout & limited surveying.
- Ensure project documents are complete.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Serve as a key link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto client.
- Review and track shop drawings to ensure accuracy and scheduling.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- A four-year Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or construction engineering program.
- Minimum one year/summer internship for a construction company during school preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of MEP building systems.
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
- Knowledge of project scheduling software.
- Proficient in blue print reading.
Qualitative and Other Attributes Required:
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
- Good client management and goodwill building ability.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Capacity to handle pressure.
- Willingness to travel extensively across the construction sites.
- Physical and mental fitness is a given.
- Strong focus on quality.
The annual salary of a construction project manager will be determined based on experience and knowledge. Compensation will be competitive with the current market place.
In essence, the project manager acts as the backbone of the entire project. It is a position of great responsibility, requiring complete and thorough technical knowledge of the construction process and also, strongest possible focus on quality. He or she is the leader who conceptualizes the construction project, and is responsible for its smooth organization, implementation and completion, to the satisfaction of the clients.
Interested candidates can send his or her resume to the following:
PO Box 858
640 S. 23rd St.
Middlesboro, KY 40965
Van De Wiele - Service Technicians
Van De Wiele has two positions available for service technicians for experienced people from the textile industry, other industries, or recently graduates who would enter a training program.
- PRIMARY ROLE: Installation and support new and existing Van de Wiele products on customer sites.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Following training the successful candidate will have
following duties and responsibilities
- Install and commission Van de Wiele products on customer sites
- Train customers on the setting, use and maintenance of equipment
- Trouble shoot, diagnose and repair equipment at customer sites
- Wire tufting machines to match wiring diagrams and in-house commission.
- Perform all duties in a safe and effective manner while still maintaining good quality and productivity.
- There is no set amount of required travel; however, customer site visits may require multiple days with overnight stays. In some cases air travel and stays for several weeks could be required.
Ideally the candidates would have:
- Previous experience of engineering site support, ideally in textiles – not relevant for trainee position
- Good Problem-solving skills
- Qualified in Electronic/Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering, ideally graduate or technical diploma .
- Practical Mechanical skills
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and/or a reasonable understanding of electrical, electronic systems.
- Good computer skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Full training linked to a development program will be provided for the successful candidates.
Van de Wiele is a privately owned company with its head office in Belgium.
We are a multinational company employing over 3,000 people globally.
We work primarily as an equipment supplier to the textile industry and are considered the world leaders in our sector.
These positions will be based at our Ooltewah location which in are US headquarters (currently employs around 30 people). From this location we are responsible for the sales, installation and service of all Van de Wiele products in the USA and Canada.
Full details on our company can be found at www.vandewiele.com
If interested in fulfilling the position for Installation/Service Technician for Van De Weile at the Ooltewah location, please attach a copy of your complete resume with all updated contact information and a cover letter for initial review to
Bob Harding at firstname.lastname@example.org
or via mail to:
Van de Wiele, inc.
6093 Relocation Way
Ooltewah, TN 37363
Espin Technologies - Internship
Espin Technologies has an Internship opening for a student (Mechanical and Industrial sophomores and juniors) to assist their Process Engineer with quality testing and new product development.
Please see attached job description and qualifications.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to
Jon at email@example.com by Sept 11.
SimCenter - Assistant to HPC System Administrator
The SimCenter is hiring an Academic Service Scholarship or a Federal Work Study student interested in High Performance Computing to help the System Administrator. This is only for ASSP/FWS students.
If you are interested please contact Dr. Ethan Hereth at (423) 425-5431 or Ethan-Hereth@utc.edu.
Gestamp - Undergraduate and Graduate Researchers
- Undergraduate or Graduate
- 10 hours per week
- Simulation and modeling of the stamping process
- Training on the industry standard software AutoForm
Students should have experience in simulation/modeling and industrial stamping processes
Interested students should send his/her resume and a brief statement of interest to Dr. Louie Elliott at Louie-Elliott@utc.edu.
CECS Student Research Assistant
The Unmanned Systems Laboratory in the College of Engineering and Computer Science at UTC is searching for both undergraduate and graduate students to perform research. The students selected are expected to work with faculty and other students on a number of robotics projects. In particular, we are looking for students who will contribute toward our research efforts in developing (1) cooperative control and coordination technologies for multiple robotic systems and (2) cooperative sensing capabilities of mobile sensors. A background in computer programming or flying drones (quadrotor and fixed wing) is desired. The positions are available immediately. For more information about the available positions, please contact Dr. Zach Ruble at Zachary-Ruble@utc.edu.
CECS Community Service Internship
The CECS Community Service Internship is a competitive, paid internship that pairs CECS undergraduate or graduate students with nonprofit organizations and government agencies to address community-identified projects in the Chattanooga region.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, September 16, 2016
For more information and to apply visit utc.edu/college-engineering-computer-science/students/community-service-internship.php.