Students meet with professionals to get assistance with job search readiness. This event allows students to hone their skills before meeting with prospective employers at the CECS Career Fair.
- The Dress for Success experts offer tips on presentation during a job interview, including what to wear for the type of job for which you are interviewing.
- Additionally, participants are educated with the Handshake online job platform.
- Mock interviews prepare students to field challenging interview questions.
- LinkedIn profiles assessed.
- As an added bonus to these activities, students can obtain a professional photographic head shot for online profile purposes.
- Finally, during elevator pitch, students practice persuasive self-promotion speeches for less formal interview and potential employer interactions.
The College of Engineering and Computer Science holds a Career Fair twice a year, the first Wednesday of March and November, within the Engineering, Math and Computer Science Buiding (ECMS).
During this event, students have access to prospective employers within the halls of the building in which they attend classes.
Current students have the opportunity to practice networking skills and receive instruction on appropriate formal dining practices.
Opportunities to tour various facilities with CECS Industry Partners are offered throughout the academic year, often in conjunction with specific courses or departments within the college.
Events offered to students who are interested in learning about various local industries and business partners.
The Center for Career and Leadership Development offers tips to improve student resumes so students improve marketability! Held in the EMCS building.
In support of the UTC CECS teaching, research, and service missions, the College offers the Speaker Series. As a further outreach commitment to students, faculty, and the extended community, the Speaker Series is open to the public. The presentations in the Speaker Series provide opportunities for sharing both cutting-edge information from noted researcher in various fields as well as experience and timely insights from community leaders.
Practice for the Big Day.
Perfect Interview™ is an innovative learning tool that you can use to enhance your job interviewing skills and develop an edge over the competition. Perfect Interview™ creates a compelling and realistic "simulated interview" experience where you are asked challenging questions and must respond, just as you would in a real job interview. You can repeat each question as often as you like, and you can even see examples of how someone else might answer. If you get stuck, there's a built-in Interview Coach to offer help.
Perfect Interview hits you with compelling interview questions you must answer on-the-spot.
- Learn to think on your feet quickly and effectively.
- Record and playback your responses to the interview questions.
- Tailor the session based on your work experience and the type of position you seek.
- Review your answers, view alternate responses and develop an edge over the competition.
Center for Career and Leadership Development and JCPenny collaborate on this extraordinary opportunity in which UTC students can obtain everything required to perfect the professional look, including suits, dresses, sport coats, dress pants, shoes, and accessories at a 40% discount.
How to Request an Appointment through Handshake
- Please go to the following link to set up a career counseling appointment through Handshake: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/219133257-How-to-Request-an-Appointment
- There should be an option to select from the following appointment types (see image),
please choose the one that says 30 minute career counseling appointment for CECS College
of Engineering and Computer Science Students. Once an appointment date and time has
been approved, a Zoom link will be sent to complete the appointment virtually.
- Students can submit their cover letter and or resume for review to email@example.com