Students meet with professionals to get assistance with job search readiness. This event allows students to hone their skills before meeting with prospective employers at the CECS Career Fair.
- The Dress for Success experts offer tips on presentation during a job interview, including what to wear for the type of job for which you are interviewing.
- Additionally, participants are educated with the Handshake online job platform.
- Mock interviews prepare students to field challenging interview questions.
- LinkedIn profiles assessed.
- As an added bonus to these activities, students can obtain a professional photographic head shot for online profile purposes.
- Finally, during elevator pitch, students practice persuasive self-promotion speeches for less formal interview and potential employer interactions.
The College of Engineering and Computer Science holds a Career Fair twice a year, the first Wednesday of March and November, within the Engineering, Math and Computer Science Buiding (ECMS).
During this event, students have access to prospective employers within the halls of the building in which they attend classes.
Current students have the opportunity to practice networking skills and receive instruction on appropriate formal dining practices.
Opportunities to tour various facilities with CECS Industry Partners are offered throughout the academic year, often in conjunction with specific courses or departments within the college.
Events offered to students who are interested in learning about various local industries and business partners.
The Center for Career and Leadership Development offers tips to improve student resumes so students improve marketability! Held in the EMCS building.
In support of the UTC CECS teaching, research, and service missions, the College offers the Speaker Series. As a further outreach commitment to students, faculty, and the extended community, the Speaker Series is open to the public. The presentations in the Speaker Series provide opportunities for sharing both cutting-edge information from noted researcher in various fields as well as experience and timely insights from community leaders.
University Career Services and JCPenny collaborate on this extraordinary opportunity in which UTC students can obtain everything required to perfect the professional look, including suits, dresses, sport coats, dress pants, shoes, and accessories at a 40% discount.