The Department of Computer Science and Engineering at The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga prepares students for productive and challenging careers in computer and information technology, and to function as leaders in a technological society. The department exists as the region's principal resource for educational, applied research, continuing professional education, and service programs in computer and information technology. In these programs, emphasis is on communication and problem solving competencies, and on the applications of basic theory and design. We strive to:
- prepare undergraduate students for rewarding professional careers or graduate study in computer related fields and for a lifetime of creative thinking and adaptive learning as productive citizens;
- prepare post-baccalaureate and graduate students for continuing professional development and career advancement;
- provide working professionals with the skills needed to apply current advances in computer technology to their fields;
- assist business, government, education and industry in the region to claim assets of technology and apply technology to better serve the diverse interests in the region;
- promote excellence in technical education by revising the curriculum to include new computing technologies;
- serve the University and our professional communities with leadership and distinction.