About the College
Our graduates are in high demand.
There are many reasons why companies want to hire our students. When CECS students graduate, they receive more than just a diploma. They spend their years at UTC earning an applicable, hands-on education. They participate in innovative research and boost their knowledge with internship experiences. Small class sizes provide robust mentorships with faculty, so students reach their full potential. Strong partnerships with local and global organizations help our students succeed.
Information for Students
Resources for CECS Students
Your one-stop-shop for advising, internships, job postings and more.
What will a degree from UTC's College of Engineering and Computer Science really cost?
- Educate and train future technical and engineering management workforce for Tennessee, the nation and beyond.
- Discover new knowledge in engineering, management, technology and computer science.
- Engage communities through scholarship, service and economic development.
To be a preeminent college of engineering, engineering management, technology, and computer science in education and applied research.
- Enrich Student Experience
- Cultivate excellence in teaching and learning
- Enhance applied research capabilities of the college for broader impact to the society
- Engage community through scholarship and service with leadership and distinction
Enhance national/international reputation and recognition
College of Engineering and Computer Science Strategic Plan
(approved by Faculty on 09/08/2016)
College of Engineering and Computer Science By-Laws
(approved by Faculty on 11/25/2019)
College of Engineering and Computer Workload Policy
(approved by Faculty on 2/17/2017)