Join UTC CECS
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC) is a national model for metropolitan universities. The College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) is a driving force in fulfillment of all aspects of the University’s teaching, research, and service mission. In collaboration with our many regional and national partners, the College offers our students fully-accredited degrees in an experiential learning environment in which they engage with outstanding teaching and research scholars in 6 undergraduate programs, 3 master’s degree programs, and a Ph.D. program. Undergraduate and graduate students come to UTC from 88 Tennessee Counties, 42 states, and 51 nations.
Established in 1969, UTC’s Engineering Program advanced to College status in 1977. The College’s home is the Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science Building. This State-funded $28.8 million structure combines two buildings. The East building provides office space, and the West building houses state-of-the-art classrooms, auditoriums, and over thirty unique laboratory facilities. The building also includes advanced teaching resources and research facilities. The following strategic elements embody the College’s focus and present priorities:
- Friendly working environment with dedicated and supportive faculty and staff
- Competitive salary and affordable living cost
- Multi-million research funding from federal and state agencies
- Emphasizing “real world” applied research and strong and innovative industry partnerships
- Increasing government and corporate partnerships to enrich the student experience
- Continued commitment to the College’s legacy of excellence in teaching
- Increasing student enrollment to meet the growing technical workforce needs of the region and the nation
- Enhancing and supporting faculty expertise in five key applied research areas:
- Energy and energy systems
- Smart cities
- Cyber-man-machine systems
- Automotive and manufacturing
- Engineering and construction management
Faculty Positions Available 2018-19:
- Assistant Professor in Intelligent Transportation System & Data Analytics, Civil and Chemical Engineering
- Multiple positions in Engineering Management & Technology
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Computer Science and Engineering
- Associate/Full Professor, Chemical Engineering
- Multiple positions in Mechanical Engineering
- Assistant Professor with expertise in mechanisms, mechatronics, robotics, and MEMS.
- Assistant Professor with expertise in machine design, manufacturing processes and research interest in the field of advanced/additive manufacturing.
- Assistant Professor with expertise or research interests in materials, advanced or additive manufacturing, and mechatronics with automotive applications.