The Wright-Bentley Scholarships were awarded to students that demonstrated strong academic skills and service to the community and university. As of 2013, the Wright-Bentley Scholarships were phased out. This is an archival page of past scholarship recipients. The past selected students have proven themselves to be highly motivated, intellectually strong and civic-minded.
The following criteria was required to be considered for the Wright-Bentley Scholarship.
- Must be an undergraduate business major; junior status (60-89 hours)
- Must take at least 12 hours each semester
- Preference to students who have earned, or will earn, a portion of their educational costs
- Preference to students who have been, and will continue to be, active contributors to civic and/or religious causes in the community
- Preference to students who have participated and are likely to continue to participate in programs such as music, sports and/or other extracurricular activities at UTC such as student clubs
- The cumulative GPA must be 3.0
- The majority of the work must have been at UTC, and the UTC GPA must be 3.00
- “Need” is not a criterion