SouthEast Bank Scholarship for Incoming Freshmen
Applications are CLOSED until Spring 2020
Applicants must be a Tennessee resident and from one of the following counties (Bradley, Knox, McMinn, Loudon, Putnam, Hamilton, Meigs and Rhea).
The SouthEast Bank Scholars Program recognizes and rewards outstanding students seeking higher education in Tennessee. This program underwrites tuition expenses for qualified incoming freshmen and provides $5,000 each academic year per student. The scholarship is renewable for three years beyond the initial award.
Students who have received this award are a prestigious group of scholars from Tennessee who are selected based on their exceptional character and academic achievement. In addition, students must demonstrate financial need and a high level of community involvement. This scholarship is generously funded by SouthEast Bank, which operates banking offices throughout the regions of East and Middle Tennessee.
How to Apply
The application for this scholarship is an editable PDF. Click on the scholarship application and then choose to open the file using Adobe Acrobat. Complete the scholarship application and save it to your computer. Please use the name SouthEast Bank Scholarship as the subject line of your email and attach the application form, essay and your resume.
All submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The SouthEast Bank Scholarship is open to incoming freshmen who enter UTC in Fall
2019, and who meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a Tennessee resident and from one of the following counties: Bradley, Knox, McMinn, Loudon, Putnam, Hamilton, Meigs or Rhea.
- Applicants must demonstrate a successful academic performance. Preference will be given to incoming freshmen who demonstrate a 3.25 GPA from high school or a 23 on the ACT.
- Applicants must be pre-business
- Applicants must demonstrate a financial need per FAFSA (FAFSA should be on file with UTC Financial Aid by April 12, 2019)
Scholarship funding will continue for three additional years provided:
- Student is still pursuing an undergraduate degree in Business.
- Student must remain in good standing with the college and the university.
- Student must maintain a GPA of 2.5 and be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours for the semester.
Selected recipients will receive an award of $5,000 for the academic year.