Application and Admission Requirements
Campus MBA and MAcc Programs
Applications are accepted by UTC's Graduate School at any time. However, to insure adequate time for consideration, your application should be complete at least four to six weeks prior to the term for which you seek admission.
To complete your application you must submit the following:
Complete an online application at the UTC Graduate School's web site.
Submit to UTC's Graduate School official transcripts from each college or university attended.
Pay a $30 one-time, non-refundable application fee. ($35 for international student applications).
|PROOF OF IMMUNIZATION||
Provide proof of your immunization records to University Health Services.
|GMAT or GRE SCORES|
Applications are accepted for the Online Professional MBA and Online Professional MBA with Business Analytics track on a rolling basis. Currently, there are six start dates throughout the year. To ensure adequate time for consideration, your application should be completed at least four to six weeks prior to the term for which you seek admission. Visit the Professional MBA site for more information, admission criteria for the PMBA and application instructions.
Admission Criteria for the Campus MBA & MAcc
Admission to the MBA & MAcc Programs is based on the following:
|BACHELOR'S DEGREE||Have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution (any major is acceptable).|
A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.7, or a GPA of 3.0 in the senior year
OFFICIAL GRADUATE EXAM SCORE
(Either GMAT or GRE)
MUST HAVE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
NOTE: GMAT or GRE scores more than five years old cannot be considered.
ADMISSION PROCESS FOR THE CAMPUS MBA & MACC PROGRAMS
The admission process has two parts-
Step One - Admission to the UTC Graduate School must be achieved. Admittance to the UTC Graduate School is based upon a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.7, or a GPA of 3.0 in the senior year. If you do not meet this requirement, you may be considered for conditional admission if you meet the program requirements below.
Step Two - Admission to the College of Business Graduate Programs must be achieved.
To be accepted into the MBA or MAcc programs, a student must complete all of the following:
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE: Have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution (any major is acceptable).
- GRADUATE EXAM SCORE (Either GMAT or GRE)
- GMAT SCORE OF 450 OR HIGHER: Have an official Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score of 450 or above.
- GRE SCORE OF 1000 OR HIGHER: Have an official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score of 1000 or above, a minimum verbal section score of 400 and a minimum quantitative score section of 500.
- ADMITTED TO UTC GRADUATE SCHOOL: Be granted admission to UTC's Graduate School based on a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.7, or a GPA of 3.0 in the senior year.
Admission by exception
If after taking the GMAT or GRE, the student does not have the required test scores to meet admission requirements, he/she can request to be considered for admission by exception. (If the request is approved, the student's admission would likely be conditional.)
- Please contact Michael Owens, Assistant Dean, or Elizabeth Bell, Director of Business Graduate Programs, to inquire about this process at 423-425-4210.
- To considered for admission by exception, complete the ADMISSION BY EXCEPTION request form and return to the College of Business Graduate Programs Office.
- Please be aware that there is no guarantee that a student will be admitted.
Graduate Exam Information
|TAKING THE GMAT OR GRE||
The GMAT & GRE are offered as computer based tests. On average the exams can be completed in about four hours. Upon completion of the exam, you will be given an unofficial score report. Official scores will arrive two to three weeks after the exam date.
|PREPARING FOR THE GMAT OR GRE||
To prepare for the content of the exams, you can: