Employers: Working with the College of Business
The Joseph F. Decosimo Success Center at the College of Business was designed to provide both Career Development and Academic Advising in the same space where academic programs occur. We want to maximize this alliance through the support of our business community.
Connecting Students and Employers
In career development, we strive to build a bridge to valued employers for our students. We encourage employers to reach out to us in order to gain visibility for their companies at the College of Business. We work with local employers in the following ways:
- Information tables to promote internships and entry-level employment opportunities in business at Fletcher Hall.
- Assistance and support in developing a robust business internship program, including rotational or on-going internship programs.
- Distribute employment opportunities via email to qualified students, pending graduates, and recent alumni.
- Offer interview space in Fletcher Hall to local employers who wish to interview students.
- Offer sponsorship opportunities for Bridge Events in order to recruit or grow interest in your company.
- Partner with local employers to participate in the Company Tour Program for business students.
- Host semi-annual Resume Week or “Moc” Interview Week events for employer/student engagement.
- Recruit local employers to serve as guest speakers to a target audience in the College of Business.
- Coordinate job shadows and/or informational interviews for students exploring various career paths.
- Work with local employers to add seasoned professionals to the Business Mentor Program.
- Facilitate donations from business professionals to grow the College of Business Career Closet.
Our programming makes a deep impact on the success of our students, but it requires the involvement of our business community to make it work! Please consider where your organization might take part with our programming and be in touch!
Thank you for your partnership!