UTC Rollins College of Business Summer 2019
in Paris Study Program
July 1-July 26, 2019
- PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR:
- Dr. Leanora Brown & Dr. Sami Dakhlia, UTC Rollins College Of Business
- STUDY TRIP: July 1-July 26, 2019
- Undergraduate Students- 6 credit hours (3 credit hours in economics, 3 credit hours in marketing)
- PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR:
The UTC Summer in Paris Program is being taught in partnership with ESCE International Business School in Paris. It is an ideal experience for students who want their first study abroad experience or those who are unable to study abroad for a semester. It combines classroom work, local excursions, and first-hand study of the culture and civilization of the capital of France. The program includes faculty-led tours of churches, museums, monuments, neighborhoods, markets, and government institutions currently planned (subject to change) to include the following:
- Two Friday bus excursions/day trips- 1) Trip to the D-Day Normandy beaches and the American cemetery, 2) Trip to the Champagne region: tour of Champagne cave, visit of World War I trenches.
- Scavenger hunt/Paris discovery on first full day; Tour of chocolate boutiques; French dinner with a focus on flavors & etiquette; 1-hour Seine River cruise.
- Visit & tour of- Versailles, Musee d'Orsay, Opera Garnier House, Eiffel Tower, OECD headquarters, L'Oreal headquarters, Monnaie museum, & open markets (across three Paris districts).
- Walking tours of 1) Marais, Bastille, & visit to Shoa Memorial; 2) Montmare & Pigalle; 3)2nd Arrondisement, Quartier Montorgeuil, Les Halles, Bourse, Brogniart Palace, Banque de France, & 3)5th Arrondisement & Quartier Latin as well as visits to Pantheon & Paris Mosque
APPLICATION CRITERIA & COURSE PREREQUISITES:
1) Open to any UTC undergraduate major who has a 2.5 minimum GPA and is in good academic standing
2) No French or other foreign language needed.
3) No course prerequisites for classes offered in the program.
COURSES (All are three-credit hour courses taught in English. Students select one of the two economics course to take and all students take the marketing course.):
- ECON 1010: Principles of Macroeconomics w/emphasis on France & the European Union (a general education course)- Dr. Brown OR ECON 4999: European Macroeconomics (business elective)- Dr. Brown
- Fashion & Luxury Goods Marketing (business elective)- taught by ESCE International Business School in Paris
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (for courses listed above):
Students will be housed at the Fondation des Etas-Unis in Cite Universitaire in the heart of Paris and near both city center and the ESCE International School of Business. Students will have their own individual bedrooms and access to shared kitchens, bathrooms, study rooms, and laundry facilities.
- Program fee - TBA
- Airfare- TBA
- Cost for UTC Course Credits
- Students will provide their own round-trip airfare, meals, and local transportation. Not included in program fee.
FINANCIAL AID & SCHOLARSHIPS
- Financial Aid: may be used to help pay these related course costs.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: