UTC College of Business Summer 2018
in Paris Study Program
July 1-31, 2018
- PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR:
- Dr. Michael Bonnal, UTC College Of Business
- STUDY TRIP: July 1-31, 2018
- Undergraduate Students- 6 credit hours (3 credit hours in economics, 3 credit hours in marketing)
- PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR:
The UTC Summer in Paris Program is being taught in partnership with ESCE International Business School in Paris. It is an ideal experience for students who want their first study abroad experience or those who are unable to study abroad for a semester. It combines classroom work, local excursions, and first-hand study of the culture and civilization of the capital of France. The program includes faculty-led tours of churches, museums, monuments, neighborhoods, markets, and government institutions.
APPLICATION CRITERIA & COURSE PREREQUISITES:
1) Open to any UTC undergraduate major who has a 2.5 minimum GPA and is in good academic standing
2) No French or other foreign language needed.
3) No course prerequisites for classes offered in the program.
COURSES (All are three-credit hour courses taught in English. Students select one of the two economics course to take and all students take the marketing course.):
- ECON 1010: Principles of Macroeconomics w/emphasis on France & the European Union (a general education course)- Dr. Bonnal OR ECON 4999: European Macroeconomics (business elective)- Dr. Bonnal
- Fashion & Luxury Goods Marketing (business elective)- taught by ESCE International Business School in Paris
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (for courses listed above):
Students will be housed at the Fondation des Etas-Unis in Cite Universitaire in the heart of Paris and near both city center and the ESCE International School of Business. Students will have their own individual bedrooms and access to shared kitchens, bathrooms, study rooms, and laundry facilities.
- Program fee - TBA
- Airfare- TBA
- Cost for UTC Course Credits
- Students will provide their own round-trip airfare, meals, and local transportation. Not included in program fee.
FINANCIAL AID & SCHOLARSHIPS
- Financial Aid: may be used to help pay these related course costs.
- Program Scholarships: TBA
FOR MORE INFORMATION: