GMAT/GRE waiver* requests will be considered for students who meet one of the following waiver criteria and must be requested when completing Part 2 of the application online:
Frequently Asked Questions
Pursuing a UTC MBA — whether it’s on campus, 100% online or a flexible program — is one of the best steps you can take for your business career future. As a serious student, you’re going to have a question or two about your UTC MBA program. For this reason, we’ve included this list of frequently asked MBA program questions.
Both programs offer the opportunity to earn a respected AACSB accredited Master of Business Administration degree.
The 100% Online MBA:
- A completely online program - no need to set foot on campus
- Courses delivered asynchronously
- A general track as well as concentration options: business analytics or healthcare administration
- A program that can be pursued as a part-time student who works full time
- Registration priority in online MBA courses
- 100% Online MBA students need a reliable PC and regular access to a high speed internet connection.
The Flexible MBA:
- Option of all face-to-face courses or a combination of face-to-face and online courses
- A general track as well as concentration options: business analytics, finance or healthcare administration.
- A program that can be pursued as a part-time or full time student
- Face-to-face courses conveniently taught one evening a week in the fall and spring semesters from 5:30-8 pm and twice a week in the summer abbreviated part-of-term sessions from 5:30-8:40 pm. There are no Friday, Saturday or Sunday classes.
Yes. Right now, the UTC MBA Program has a general track (no concentration) or a concentration track (several concentrations from which to choose):
MBA Business Administration: General (available in the Online or Flexible format)
MBA Business Administration: Business Analytics Concentration (available in the Online or Flexible format)
MBA Business Administration: Finance (available in the Flexible format only)
MBA Business Administration: Healthcare Administration Concentration (available in the Online or Flexible format)
For more information about the concentrations or the MBA core curriculum, visit the MBA curriculum page.
Students in both the 100% Online MBA and the Flexible MBA are notified of registration information via email sent to their UTC student email account and from their advisor.
For 100% Online MBA Students:
- Your advisor will map out the most efficient route through the program for you based on any special scheduling requests made by you and forecasted availability of classes. If a student attends all terms without taking time off, the online MBA can be completed in 24 months.
- Core courses are offered on a rotational basis. Electives are based on a forecasted demand but schedules are not guaranteed. Each elective is typically offered once a year.
For Flexible MBA Students:
- Admitted students are free to take any courses they choose from those offered each semester as long as prerequisites are met for the courses chosen. Typically, core courses are offered every fall and spring semester and some are offered summer semester. Electives are offered on a rotational basis and usually at least once a year.
The UTC MBA program requires applicants to have a minimum GPA of 2.70 for all undergraduate work taken for the baccalaureate degree. Because the UTC Graduate School will allow graduate programs to admit students who meet other GPA criteria, UTC's MBA program may consider for admission applicants who meet one or more of the following GPA requirements from a regionally accredited institution or foreign equivalent:
- 3.00 GPA for the last two years of undergraduate academic coursework OR
- 3.00 GPA for 30 or more semester hours of undergraduate credit after earning the first bachelor's degree OR
- 2.70 GPA for the last two years of undergraduate academic coursework and a 3.00 GPA on fewer than 24 hours of graduate coursework OR
- 3.00 GPA for 24 or more graduate hours OR
- An earned master's degree or higher-level degree with at least a 3.00 GPA
Note: All GPAs are based on a 4.0 point scale; the last two years of undergraduate coursework are equivalent to approximately 60-70 semester hours or 90-100 quarter hours.
- Previous graduate degree with a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher; OR,
- 3.25 undergraduate GPA plus 5 years of professional work experience and application for waiver; OR,
- UTC undergraduate Business majors and other AACSB Business majors with a 3.0 cumulative GPA and 3.2 cumulative GPA within AACSB business major (defined as upper level courses in business).
At this time, 100% Online MBA students are not eligible for Graduate Assistantships.
Are you interested in learning more about a UTC flexible MBA degree? Did we miss something in this online MBA FAQ? At UTC, we’re here to help. contact your advisor with your on-campus, online or flexible MBA program questions.