100% Online MBA
Frequently Asked Questions
- The opportunity to earn a respected AACSB accredited Master of Business Administration degree on your own time, without leaving the workplace
- A supportive and accessible team of faculty and advisors to guide you to success
- Affordable tuition with financial aid available*
- MBA Business Administration: General (Online)
- MBA Business Administration: Business Analytics Concentration (Online)
- MBA Business Administration: Healthcare Administration Concentration (Online)
- Background prerequisites can be completed through non-credit, online modules. Students can begin working on these modules, which are estimated to take 20-30 hours to complete, as soon as they are admitted to the UTC Graduate School and receive the login information from their advisor.
For Online MBA students:
- Your advisor will map out the most efficient route through the program for you based on any special scheduling requests made by you and forecasted availability of classes. If a student attends all terms without taking time off, the online MBA can be completed in 24 months.
- Core courses are offered on a rotational basis. Electives are based on a forecasted demand but schedules are not guaranteed. Each elective is typically offered once a year.
An application to the Online MBA at UTC consists of application to the UTC Graduate School and application to the UTC Online MBA Program. Each entity has a set of admission's requirements. Completing both applications, as outlined in the application instructions posted on the MBA application page, fulfills these requirements and ensures applicants have submitted all required documents.
The Graduate School is responsible for admissions, enforcing holds, maintaining official records, processing required forms (i.e. program of study and graduation audit forms, revisions to candidacy). All advising and program issues should be handled by the Graduate Programs Office for the College of Business.
- 3.00 GPA for the last two years of undergraduate academic coursework OR
- 3.00 GPA for 30 or more semester hours of undergraduate credit after earning the first bachelor's degree OR
- 2.70 GPA for the last two years of undergraduate academic coursework and a 3.00 GPA on fewer than 24 hours of graduate coursework OR
- 3.00 GPA for 24 or more graduate hours OR
- An earned master's degree or higher-level degree with at least a 3.00 GPA
- Previous graduate degree with a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher; OR,
- 3.25 undergraduate GPA plus 5 years of professional work experience and application for waiver; OR,
- UTC undergraduate Business majors and other AACSB Business majors with a 3.0 cumulative GPA and 3.2 cumulative GPA within AACSB business major (defined as upper level courses in business).