MAcc 4+1 Program
The MAcc 4+1 Program is only available to qualified UTC undergraduate students who are majoring in accounting.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
4 years of undergraduate study as a UTC accounting major
1 year of graduate study as a UTC MAcc student
Accomplishing the following in as little as five years:
- Completing a bachelor's degree and master's degree in accounting
- Meeting the 150-hour requirement for CPA certification
- Preparing for and taking the CPA exam
MAcc 4+1 PROGRAM ADVANTAGES
- Complete a bachelor's degree and master's degree in accounting from UTC and meet the 150-hour requirement for CPA certification efficiently within 5 years
- Waive the GMAT/GRE requirement for admission to the graduate MAcc degree program.
- Take up to nine credit hours of graduate coursework early while completing the undergraduate degree.
- Only open to UTC undergraduate accounting majors meeting program eligibility criteria.
MAcc 4+1 TIMELINE
- Apply to 4+1 MAcc Program
- End of Semester (after grade posting): Official notification of admission to UTC MAcc 4+1 Program
- Take up to three MAcc graduate courses
- Submit MAcc graduate application materials to the UTC Graduate School
- GMAT/GRE requirement waived for MAcc admission if continue to meet MAcc 4+1 program eligibility criteria
- Complete remaining MAcc coursework
- Take MAcc CPA preparation courses and take CPA exam
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY & CONTINUATION REQUIREMENTS
For Admission to the MAcc 4+1 Program:
- Be a UTC undergraduate accounting major
- Have completed ACC 3000 (Intermediate Accounting I) and at least two other upper-level accounting courses (3000 or 4000 level) with a grade of B or better in each of these courses.
- Meet and maintain both a minimum overall undergraduate GPA of 3.2 and a minimum GPA of 3.2 for all upper-level (3000 & 4000 level) undergraduate accounting courses taken
To maintain eligibility and remain in the MAcc 4+1 Program:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or better in all undergraduate courses, a GPA of 3.2 or better in all upper-level (3000 & 4000 level) undergraduate accounting courses, and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in all graduate courses.
- Meet the UTC Graduate School's requirements for remaining in good standing in the MAcc program.
Progress will be evaluated by the graduate advisor at the end of each semester in the undergraduate student's senior year. Students who fail to meet the maintenance criteria listed above will be disqualified from the MAcc 4+1 Program. However, such students may apply to enter UTC's MAcc program through the normal admissions procedures, including the submission of GMAT/GRE scores.
MAcc 4+1 APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS & PROCESS
Along with the 4+1 application, submit the following to the UTC College of Business Graduate Programs Office (see linked application below for further instructions):
- Application Form (Use one of linked applications below):
- Letter of interest/Statement of purpose
- Two faculty recommendations (at least one of which must be from a UTC Accounting Department faculty member)