Application and Admission Requirements for the MAcc Program
Admissions to the MAcc Programs are based on all of the following requirements:
Have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution (any major is acceptable).
- Completion of at least 12 of the 14 MAcc undergraduate prerequisite courses listed below. (All 14 prerequisites must be complted prior to enrolling in more than 6 hours of graduate courses.)
- Students must have earned at least a grade of C in all of the prerequisite courses listed below (or an equivalent course from another AACSB accredited school). A grade of at least a B is required if the course was taken at a non-AACSB accredited school.
- ECON 1010 & 1020 - Principles of Economics I & II (Macroeconomics & Microeconomics)
- MGT 2110 & 2120 - Business Statistics I & II
- BUS 3350 - Legal Environment of Business
- ACC 2010 & ACC 2020 - Principles of Accounting I & II
- ACC 3000 & ACC 3010 - Intermediate Accounting I & II
- ACC 3050 - Managerial Cost Accounting
- ACC 3070 - Federal Tax Accounting
- ACC 4050 - Auditing
- ACC 4080 - Accounting Information Systems
- ACC 4010 - Advanced Accounting
Either GMAT or GRE - MUST HAVE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
- Official GMAT Overall Score of 450 or Higher
- Official GRE Overall Score (combination of verbal and quantitative section scores) of 296 or higher AND minimum section scores of 146 on Verbal and 144 on Quantitative
- Score requirements for the old version of the GRE (taken prior to August 2011) - Official Overall Score of 1000 or higher AND minimum section scores of 400 on Verbal and 500 on Quantitative
NOTE: GMAT or GRE scores more than five years old cannot be considered.
To complete your application you must submit the following:
The UTC Graduate School accepts applications at any time. However, the following are its priority application deadlines (guarantees your application will be reviewed in time for the start of the semester):
Note: International applicants have different deadlines. Refer to the UTC International Student Services web site for an updated listing of those deadlines.
SPRING: Last week in October
SUMMER: Third week in March
GRADUATE EXAM INFORMATION
The GMAT & GRE are offered as computer based tests. On average the exams can be completed in about four hours. Upon completion of the exam, you will be given an unofficial score report. Official scores will arrive two to three weeks after the exam date.
- Offered on a regular basis at Pearson Professional Centers throughout the country.
- To register at the Chattanooga testing center call (423) 485-8524 or visit www.mba.com
- Offered on a regular basis at Prometric test centers throughout the country.
- To register at the Chattanooga testing center call (423) 894-6249 or visit ets.org
To prepare for the content of the exams, you can:
- Find several GMAT or GRE preparation books at local or online booksellers. The preparation books include sample test questions, preparation tips and skill building problems.
- Sign up to take an online preparatory course. UTC's Center for Professional Education has reasonably priced GMAT & GRE online prep course offered on a regular basis.
International applicants apply for graduate admission through UTC's International Student Services Office.