Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
Admission is based on the following:
Have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution (any major is acceptable).
2.70 minimum overall undergraduate GPA or one of the following:
- 3.00 GPA for the last two years of undergraduate academic coursework OR
- 3.00 GPA for 30 or more semester hours undergraduate credit after earning the first bachelor's degree OR
- 2.70 GPA for the last two years of undergraduate academic coursework and a 3.00 GPA on fewer than 24 hours graduate coursework OR
- 3.00 GPA for 24 or more graduate hours OR
- An earned master's degree or higher-level degree with at least a 3.00 GPA
NOTE: No graduate exam requirement exists for this program.
To complete your application, you must submit the following:
Complete an online application at the UTC Graduate School's web site. (When asked to select a planned course of study, choose "PB Certificate in Business Analytics" from the drop-down menu.)
Submit to UTC's Graduate School official transcripts from each college or university attended.
Pay a $35 one-time, non-refundable application fee. ($40 for international student applications)
Applications are accepted by UTC's Graduate School at any time. To insure adequate time for consideration, it is recommended that your application be completed at least four to six weeks prior to the term for which you are seeking admission. See below for upcoming priority application deadlines. (Note: Applications will continue to be accepted past the deadlines stated below as long as program and course capacities allow.)
NOTE: The certificate program is designed to be completed in two semesters beginning with the two fall core/required classes (MGT 5140 & MGT 5190) and then finishing with the two spring core/required classes (MGT 5180 & MGT 5200).
Prerequisite coursework (Business Statistics I or Introductory Statistics) can be completed through an online not-for-credit module through the UTC Graduate Programs Office.
mid-June (Applications will continue to be accepted past this date as long as program capacity allows.)