Frequently Asked Questions

Are there any scholarships specifically available for College of Business students?

If you follow this link, it will take you to the scholarships page for the College of Business. We offer scholarships for nearly all College of Business majors.

Are there any computer labs or study rooms available in Fletcher Hall?

Fletcher Hall has one large computer lab on the first floor with printing capabilities and two smaller labs that are only open sometimes on the third floor. The College of Business also has a Bloomberg Lab on the third floor for College of Business students.

What do I need to do to meet with an advisor and register for classes?

Visit our advising page to learn everything you need to register for classes.

Where can I find information on the College of Business Graduate School?

Here, you will find all information about the College of Business Graduate School. On this site there are also links to UTC's main Graduate School page.

What kind of business majors does UTC's College of Business offer?

The College of Business offers many majors including Accounting, Finance, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, General Management, Human Resource Management, Industrial Management.

Am I required to have a minor?

The College of Business does not require students to have a minor but there are many minors to choose from if you wish to diversify your degree.

Am I required to take any foreign language classes?

You are not required by the College of Business to take any foreign language classes for your degree.

If I get an internship, can it count for credit?

If your internship meets a certain criteria and your academics meet all prerequisites you may be able to have an internship count for up to 3 hours of concentration electives.

What do I need to do to change my major?

You must fill out a Change of Major form or online request through the Records Office. 

What are the specific classes I have to take for my major?

You need to follow the specific Path Sheet for your major and your Catalog Year to determine which classes you will be required to take.

Where do I go to pay my fees?

Visit the Bursar's Office page to make payments.

Where can I buy my books?

Visit UTC's Bookstore online to buy books, apparel, supplies, electronics, and more.