CAS Achieve Scholars Program
The CAS “Achieve Scholars” program offers students the opportunity to work directly with faculty mentors and local business professionals to better connect their academic work/major with exciting career opportunities after graduation.
For the 2019-20 academic year, 30 students, mostly sophomores and juniors, in the College of Arts and Sciences will participate in this selective program. Specifically, our “Achieve Scholars” will take part in a series of workshops (4-6 hours total) at the beginning of the fall semester. Students will learn about professional etiquette, workplace expectations, career opportunities within their major, resumé writing, what to expect during job interviews, and more. After the program, students will meet with mentors and participate in panels and/or presentations at least twice in the fall and twice in the spring semesters.
- mentors, panelists, and guest speakers who will focus on workplace culture and expectations;
- resumé writing workshops;
- filed trips to local organizations;
- interactions with C-suite executives;
- service and volunteer opportunities;
- etiquette and job interview training.
Our first meeting is scheduled for Monday, August 26th, 4:30-6:00 PM in West Campus Housing, Room 162 A/B.