Westbrook Scholarship Requirements
Department of Chemistry and Physics
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
The Westbrook Scholarship is a merit scholarship awarded to incoming freshman Chemistry and Physics majors based on a competitive application process. Financial need will also be considered. The Westbrook scholarship is renewable for 3 additional years provided the student meets the academic benchmarks described below. The value of the award increases each year as follows:
- Freshman $2500
- Sophomore $3500
- Junior $4000
- Senior $4000
Requirements to automatically renew Westbrook scholarship:
- Remain a full-time student majoring in chemistry or physics at UTC.
- Maintain a grade point average of 3.5 or above both in the program and overall.
- Make no lower than a “B” in all major courses. Making a “C” or below leads to “probation” and loss of automatic renewal.
- Take courses each semester that will lead toward a timely completion of your major.
- Participate for 2 semesters minimum in departmental service activities (must begin
no later than junior year). Qualifying activities include:
- TA in chemistry/physics lab
- SI tutor in chemistry/physics
- Leadership role in Chem/Phys Club (eg. officer, club tutor, Observatory helper)
- Other with approval from Scholarship Committee and faculty sponsor
- Meet with your Scholarship advisor once per semester to evaluate your progress.