Physics Scholarships and Awards
Application Deadlines: We will be accepting applications for 2021-22 soon!
- Jane and Lawrence Akers Scholarship: up to $1,000 per academic year to an outstanding and deserving student whose major or minor is physics.
- Harry Deuberry Physics Scholarship: up to $700 per academic year awarded to a rising junior or senior physics student
- Harriet and Karel Hujer Scholarship: variable amounts awarded to physics majors interested in astronomy, physics, and mathematics
- Clarence Jones Prize Scholarship: up to $700 per academic year for a rising senior for excellence in astronomy
- Harold Marlowe Scholarship: up to $700 per academic year awarded to a successful physics major whose nomination is supported by the department head
Awards (based on merit only) - No application is necessary for the awards.
- Henry Ransom Award
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant
- Jones Observatory Outstanding Assistant
- Sigma Pi Sigma (Physics Honor Society)