GRE® Test Prep
UT Chattanooga Test Prep is here to help you learn about the GRE® revised General Test and give you the skills and tools you need to maximize your potential. Our comprehensive program covers each of the three main sections of the GRE® revised General Test: analytical writing, verbal reasoning and quantitative reasoning. We will walk you through each section and prepare you for all of the question types you are likely to encounter on the GRE®.
The GRE® revised General Test is now the standard format of the GRE®. As of August 1, 2011, the GRE® revised General Test replaced the GRE® General Test. The test may also be referred to as the “GRE®” or “GRE® General.”
The GRE features test questions that resemble the type of thinking you will experience in graduate or business school.
The follow sections are on the GRE:
- Verbal Reasoning
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Analytical Writing
Check with the programs you are considering to find out whether or not they require or accept the GRE®.
Learn more about the GRE and gain a few test taking tips and tricks.
Quantitative Test Topics Include:
- Solution strategies, both for quantitative comparison and for multiple choice problems
- Tips for breaking complex word problems into small, manageable parts
- Tips for turning geometry diagrams into solvable equations
- Review of the math concepts frequently tested on the exam
Verbal Test Topics Include:
- Solving problems when you don’t know the vocabulary
- Answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
- Using comparison and contrast clues to solve sentence completion problems
General Topics Include:
- Solving “Multiple Right Answer” questions
- Utilizing the process of elimination
- Mastering time management skills
- Minimizing test anxiety
- Identifying common distracters
- Additionally, strategies for the analytical writing section are outlined, and sample prompts with accompanying essays are discussed.
The UTC GRE® Prep class is ideal for those seeking an advanced degree in a wide range of fields within the next five years. This course is designed for those looking to return to school, recent graduates and current undergraduate students seeking assistance with the complex quantitative and verbal skills needed to succeed on the GRE®. Fields of study that typically require or accept the GRE® include education, medicine, social work, public administration and business. Many M.B.A. programs now accept the GRE®.
- Expert instructors: Our highly trained instructors are here for you. Our experienced instructors understand the GRE® and care about helping you achieve your goals.
- Proven strategies: Our GRE® program was developed by test prep experts who have years of experience writing exam questions and preparing students for success on standardized exams.
- Superior materials: The GRE® Prep Course includes The Official Guide to the GRE® revised General Test, the most recent publication from ETS, the official GRE® provider. You also receive the GRE® Student Workbook, designed to supplement your classroom lessons, and Powerprep II software on CD-ROM, including a complete computer-based GRE® practice exam.
- Convenient schedule options: Test Prep classroom programs are conveniently held on UTC's campus in downtown Chattanooga. Our Live Online class offers you the opportunity to take the class from anywhere at any time.
- Value: The course fee includes all course materials and instruction from a trained professional who cares about your success.