ACT® Test Prep
Get the skills and knowledge you need to see success on the ACT.
UTC’s ACT Test Prep provides students with in-depth review, successful test-taking strategies, and comprehensive study plans.
Participants will dive into hundreds of practice questions to hone skills and knowledge.
Who Should Attend
Students generally take the ACT during their junior year of high school. This course is ideal for rising juniors taking the test for the first time and for those high school students who have already taken the exam but wish to improve their scores.
What You Will Learn
Students will dive into the four main topics: Math, English, Reading, and Science. Students will also cover general test taking strategies.What You Will Learn
- Practice solution techniques for problems containing variables.
- Learn efficient approaches to complicated multi-step problems.
- Discover tactics for translating difficult word problems into equations.
Identify correct idiomatic speech in sentence correction problems.English Topics
- Understand the basic concepts of rhetorical construction.
- Learn which grammar errors are most frequently tested.
- Understand which part of the passage to read for reading comprehension questions.
- Recognize the difference between global and local test items.
- Identify passages written from the journalistic and engaged perspectives.
Science Reasoning Topics
- Identify parameters for test items involving graphs and charts.
- Interpolate or extrapolate answers from data given in tables.
- Recognize the point of an experiment in research summary items.
How You Will Benefit
- Access to 16 hours of expert instruction and premium ACT study material
- Understand the best approach to each question
- Utilize process of elimination to come to best answer
- Identify common test distractors
- Gain stamina and focus for test day
Minimize test anxiety
Results and Feedback
Our ACT program drives results. In a recent ACT program at Tyner Academy, over 92% of students saw increases in their ACT score. Some students saw increases by five to ten points. Read the full story →
“I’ve been in education for over twenty years, and I’ve seen quite a few ACT prep workshops. This ACT prep series is the best that I’ve seen.”
Kendra Duncan, edTPA Coordinator and
Clinical Supervisor, UTC School of Education
Meet Your Instructor
Mr. Ryan Gallagher holds a bachelor's degree in mathematics education and a master's degree in educational administration. He has served as a high school teacher in Michigan for eight years and in Chattanooga for five years. He has taught many high school math classes as well as speech, biology, chemistry, and music. He has also served as a high school administrator for three years. Mr. Gallagher enjoys helping students build confidence and develop an effective plan of action as they prepare for their college entrance exams. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family and working outdoors.
Don't See A Program Near You?
UT Chattanooga also offers customized ACT Test Prep programs for schools, nonprofit organizations, and community groups. If you don't see a program near you or would like details about our custom programs, please call our professional staff at (423) 425-4344 or email us at email@example.com.