APICS Certified in Logistics, Transportation, and Distribution (CLTD) Certification Review Course
The APICS CLTD Certification Review Course prepares individuals for the CLTD Certification. In addition, participants will gain fundamental knowledge that will enhance supply chain logistical operations.
This course is designed for supply chain profession who lead and manage their organization's logistics. Individuals with the following job titles are a great fit for the course:
|• Logistics managers & engineers||• Supply chain managers|
|• Traffic managers||• Transportation/fleet managers|
|• Warehouse operations/distribution managers||• Reverse logistics managers|
|• Supply chain/operations consultants|
- The design and administration of systems to ensure proper positioning of material and information at the lowest total cost
- Best practices, tools, and processes
- Logistics opportunities and how to take proper action
- Learn the essential knowledge needed for the logistics, transportation and distribution industry
- Develop concepts that can be applied in your organization
- Improve understanding of global logistics trends and developments
- Gain recognition as a logistics expert
- Reduce costs and impact your organization’s bottom line
- Demonstrate ability to communicate with others across your extended supply chain
- Overview of Logistics and Supply Chain
- Capacity Planning and Demand Management
- Order Management
- Inventory and Warehouse Management
- Global Logistics Considerations
- Logistics Network Design
- Reverse Logistics and Sustainability
Exam Preparation, Details, and Qualifications
Your journey to becoming certified begins with the CLTD Learning System, included with your registration for the course. The CLTD Learning System builds on existing strengths and deepens your understanding of supply chain management principles. The instructor-led class format helps you navigate concepts and enriches your learning.
The exam consists of 150 computer-based questions and takes approximately 3.5 hours.
To qualify for the CLTD, candidates must meet one of three requirements:
- Possess at least three years of supply chain related business experience.
- Possess a Bachelors’ degree or the international equivalent.
- Hold an APICS CLTD, CPIM, SCOR-P, CIRM, CTL or an APICS fellows level certification
OR possess a CPM, CSM or CPSM.
Chris Barnes is a solutions consultant with HighJump and a board member of Lean Atlanta Consortium. He has over 20 years of experience developing and managing multiple clients, engineering consulting, strategic planning, and operational improvement projects in warehousing, distribution, and manufacturing environments. Barnes holds a B.S., in Industrial Engineering from Bradely University, and an MBA in Industrial Psychology from University of West Florida. He is a certified APICS instructor and holds the CPIM and CSCP designations.
Barnes has also served on the International Board of Trustees for the Institute of Industrial Engineers and is a Past President of APICS Atlanta and WERC Atlanta.