Newly updated with the latest HR developments, the SHRM Essentials of HR Management program combines print materials with online study tools to provide a blended learning experience.
Each SHRM Essentials of HR Management course participant will receive two printed books.
The Participant’s Reference Book includes the printed content of the course. It addresses six key human resource management practices, compiled into one comprehensive course book for easy reference.
- Human Resource Management. Gain a clear understanding of the HR function.
- Employment Law. Enhance your ability to apply key HR legislation.
- Recruitment and Selection. Develop important skills for selecting employees.
- Compensation and Benefits. Learn the key elements of a total compensation system.
- Employee Development. Obtain an understanding of orientation, development, and training.
- Performance Management. Discover the purpose and process for performance evaluation.
The Participant’s Activities Book contains copies of the instructor slides with room for notes and application activities.
Web-based study tools and resources
The Web-based tools are designed to support the print materials, provide added opportunities to review and master HR concepts, and gain confidence. The tools are available to all SHRM Essentials of HR Management program participants.
EVALUATE your current knowledge
- Pre-test to gauge current knowledge
- SmartStudy tool to develop a study plan
- Reports that measure progress
LEARN about key HR topics
- Module-specific test for each module to check mastery of key information
- Glossary of key terms for quick reference
- Resource Center that includes additional resources and reference material
DEMONSTRATE your HR understanding
- Threaded case study featuring real-life scenarios to apply concepts learned throughout the course
- Post-test to assess learning gain
- Certificate of Achievement awarded to those who pass the post-test with a score of 80% or higher