Benefits for employees
Through the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course, participants can:
- Attain knowledge and practical HR skills to effectively approach challenging HR issues.
- Gain expertise in areas of HR management that are broader than the normal scope of their job.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest laws and regulations.
- Increase their on-the-job confidence.
- Utilize the print materials and one-year access to online tools as a comprehensive source of HR information.
- Earn Professional Development Credits (PDCs) or recertification credit hours and a certificate upon completion.
Benefits for companies
The SHRM Essentials of HR Management course can help companies increase HR knowledge that is critical to overall business success. This program:
- Reduces the company’s risk of potential high-cost litigation.
- Promotes a consistent understanding of the HR function to non-HR management.
- Offers professional development for divisional or departmental supervisors to ensure HR compliance.
- Develops a common dictionary of HR terms for the entire organization.
- Enhances the importance of the HR function within the company.