SHRM Essentials® of Human Resources
Human resource issues impact every company in some way. That’s why it’s important to understand the fundamental issues surrounding HR today.
Who Should Attend
SHRM, the leading global HR professional organization, has developed the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course, which provides an introductory overview of the human resource function. Whether you are new to HR or HR is one of many roles you fulfill at your company, this program, offered in partnership with SHRM through the University of Tennessee Chattanooga, covers the key HR topics you need to know.
What Will You Learn
Backed by SHRM’s track record of providing quality HR training, the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course covers the topics you need to meet key HR challenges that are relevant to you and your company. In less than 20 hours of training time, you can cover the issues you need to reduce potentially costly lawsuits.
Developed by leading HR experts, HR practitioners, and legal counsel, the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course covers introductory HR topics in a condensed, easy-to-understand format. The straightforward format ensures that HR concepts can be mastered and applied to real-life situations.
Along with classroom interaction with peers and the instructor, case study exercises threaded throughout the program provide opportunities to practice applying newly acquired HR skills during training prior to using them on the job.
How Will You Benefit
Benefits for employees
Through the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course, participants can:
- Attain knowledge and practical HR skills to effectively approach challenging HR issues.
- Gain expertise in areas of HR management that are broader than the normal scope of their job.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest laws and regulations.
- Increase their on-the-job confidence.
- Utilize the print materials and one-year access to online tools as a comprehensive source of HR information.
- Earn Professional Development Credits (PDCs) or recertification credit hours and a certificate upon completion.
Benefits for companies
The SHRM Essentials of HR Management course can help companies increase HR knowledge that is critical to overall business success. This program:
- Reduces the company’s risk of potential high-cost litigation.
- Promotes a consistent understanding of the HR function to non-HR management.
- Offers professional development for divisional or departmental supervisors to ensure HR compliance.
- Develops a common dictionary of HR terms for the entire organization.
- Enhances the importance of the HR function within the company.