Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship Program
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is committed to supporting active duty service members, veterans, reservists, and their family members. Through the Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship Program, UTC is able to expand on that commitment. With online and face-to-face courses, the Center for Professional Education provides professional education that is ideal for military spouses. Participants acquire the necessary skills for in-demand and high-growth career fields.
- The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program provides financial assistance for military spouses.
- MyCAA provides spouses up to $4,000 over 2 years to pursue degree programs, licenses or credentials that lead to employment in portable career fields.
- MyCAA Financial Assistance (FA) pays tuition for education and training courses, and
licensing/credentialing fees. This includes:
- State certifications for teachers, medical professionals and other occupations requiring recognized certifications;
- Licensing exams and related prep courses;
- Continuing Education Unit (CEU) classes
- Degree programs leading to employment in portable career fields; and
- High school completion courses, GED tests, and English as a Second Langauge (ESL) Classes.
- Spouses of active duty service members in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, and O1-O2
- Spouses of activated Guard and Reserve members at E1-E5, W1-Wd and O1-O2 pay grades (spouses of Guard and Reserve members must be able to start and complete their courses while their sponsor is on Title 10 orders) Note: The MyCAA program does not include Coast Guard spouses.
- Available courses include online and face-to-face options
- Spouses can work at their own pace
- Courses include audio, text, graphics, simulation, quizzes, and final assessments/exam prep
- All materials included
- We offer online technical support
- We provide career services and counseling upon completion
Eligible spouses can establish a MyCAA account by visiting the MyCAA website at https://mycaa.militaryonesource.mil/mycaa. Once spouse profile information is provided, MyCAA will verify spouse Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) data and benefit eligibility. Eligible spouses will be allowed to create their Career and Training Plan and request financial assistance when you’re within 60 days of your course start date.
For on-campus courses, please contact Will Watson for training plans and details.
No refunds can be issued after the start date published in your Financial Award document.