CFP® Education Program
Be the Financial Resource
People Can Trust
By completing the CFP® Education Program, you are able to earn the CFP® certification--a designation that sets you apart.
Benefits to Earning Your CFP®
- Generate more revenue—Both solo and team CFP® professional practice generate at least 40% more revenue compared to other practices
- Earn more compensation—On average, CFP® certified-professionals earn 26% more than non-certified peers
- Gain greater trust—70% of CFP® professionals believe the certification made a significant or considerable impact on client trust
Source: Alois Parker, S. Schmitt, “Building a Wealth Management Practice: Measuring CFP Professionals’ Contribution,” Aite group, February 206
What Your Clients Are Looking For
- 86% of investors prefer an advisor who has passed a certification exam and gone through a rigorous education program*
- 91% expect that advice from a financial advisor takes into account the total financial situation**
- 9 out of 10 consumers feel most confident working with an advisor who holds a financial designation*
*CFP Board, 2014 Investor Preferences in Selecting a Financial Advisor Survey
**CFP Board, 2013 Financial Adviser Consumer Survey
UT Chattanooga is Your Guide to Success
The Executive Certificate in Financial Planning program at UT Chattanooga is a CFP® Board approved program that will ensure you meet the education requirements to sit for the CFP® Exam.
- 9-month, part-time program
- In-depth and robust materials and content
- 6 courses including a Capstone
- Expert instructors
Our CFP® Education Program offers 6 courses including a capstone. These courses are designed to help you further your knowledge of the financial planning profession.
- General Financial Planning and Risk Management
- Investment Planning
- Tax Planning
- Retirement Savings and Income Planning
- Estate Planning
- Capstone Case Course in financial Planning
Students are responsible for ordering their materials prior to each course.
To purchase your textbooks you may call 888-450-4681 or visit your student portal here.
Partnership with Kaplan
In partnership with Kaplan Financial education, our education program enables you to satisfy CFP Board requirements necessary to sit for the national exam. This program benefits both experienced professionals seeking to advance their careers and those entering the field for the first time. Taught by working professionals, our flexible and convenient learning options allow you to master the 8 major domains covered on the CFP Exam.