AP® Spanish Language and Culture
New & Experienced Teachers
This workshop is for new and experienced AP Spanish Language and Culture teachers. Participants will explore and/or review the six themes and recommended contexts of the revised course, and understand the importance of teaching through integrated thematic units. Emphasis in understanding the six primary learning objectives in the interpretive, interpersonal, and presentational modes will be given.
- Participants will develop and/or reassess a unit of instruction for their use based on authentic resources.
- Participants will practice “AP reading” skills to better assess students’ performance in the areas of interpersonal and presentational written communication and interpersonal and presentational spoken communication.
- Participants will review and compile a list of relevant resources and strategies to put into practice.
Participants are encouraged to bring laptops and examples of their best practices for sharing that focus on interpretive, interpersonal, and presentational skills while using authentic materials.
Each participant receives a copy of the AP Spanish Language and Culture Workshop Handbook, which contains:
- The Curriculum Framework for the AP Spanish Language and Culture course
- AP Spanish Language and Culture 2014 Course Description
- AP Spanish Language and Culture Course Audit information
- Sample syllabi for AP Spanish Language and Culture and a Syllabus Development Guide
- Activities that structure the course and suggest appropriate instructional strategies and practices.
- Complete Curriculum Module